Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ak47

Right off the assembly line
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hey guys dont u think there should be a strategy game like age of empires based on the marathas.i mean they pracrtically conquered the whole of india for a period of time

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
forget that. We have two classics in the Hindu religion. Ramaya and Mahabarath. Till now no one has even bothered to have a look at it for a Strategy game. What else can one ask for ? It has an immense story line and huge army capabilities. Will put LOTR to shame. Yet however nothing has been done about it. I spoke to one of my friends who has very good contacts with the Indian gaming industry and posed him the same question and his reaction was that these games will never hit the shelves as the game developers will be too immersed in details and loose the plot. And hes right. Imagine the furore the game will cause when one politician after the other will complain of missing out some detail or the other, or the wrong portrayal and so on. Its just not worth it.

Secondly Indian Mythology just isnt as popular as the greek mythology and hence might not pick up in other countries.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, the RoNx allowed you to play as the Indians, of course, but yes, it would indeed be great if there was a game based on our battles, be it the epics or some of our own historic battles. Of course, they could split it up into really, really small segments like how AoE2 used to, with their storylines, etc. to avoid political conflict. The politicians also argued like hell about soft-pr0n on the 'angrezi' channels, while screening worse stuff on the local ones, but HBO seems to have won somehow. They're planning to air the 'After Dark' series again. I hope that kind of logic would work with the games and the politicians, as the stories will always differ and will HAVE to be modified a bit to make for a good gameplay. I wonder if any game developer would have the strength or the willingness to take on the government though. :( But you know what, I believe our mythologies are even more popular outside the country than inside. I've seen guys out of the country know more about the stories than we can lay claim to.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
enoonmai said:
But you know what, I believe our mythologies are even more popular outside the country than inside. I've seen guys out of the country know more about the stories than we can lay claim to.

true , the developers just need to think in this direction.
if such game comes i will surely buy it and enjoy.

some days back me and my frens were talkin abt a good movie made on mahabhrat/ramayana havin spl effects and the massiveness like of the lotr series. the mahabharata has a richer drama and action than lotr and if such a movie is made it will be a bigger hit then the lotr series. same is for the game based on it.
truth is that some other non indian filmmakers will make movies based on the Indian history and earn real good money from it and the indian industry will continue producing cr@p even if they spend billions on it. :evil:

NikhilVerma said:
The game would be banned even before it is released because of the SUPER ORTHODOX people of India...

exacto mundo!! :p
and not only this, there will be a lot of arguments on which character got more "importance" and which did not and should have. some will want the title to changed to something else... many people will "seek" a ban on it for some silly reason.. BAH the list is endless. forget it.

borg

In the zone
Some religious people might not like it. For example, let us suppose a game on the Ramayan is built. The hero will obviously be Ram. And the game would have to depict Ram dying or something like that, if the player looses. Many people might not like that. Atleast thats what i think.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
borg said:
Some religious people might not like it. For example, let us suppose a game on the Ramayan is built. The hero will obviously be Ram. And the game would have to depict Ram dying or something like that, if the player looses. Many people might not like that. Atleast thats what i think.

Exactly! Like suppose you are playing Hanuman and you have to give the ring to Sita and se fire in Lanka and syou die which means Sita is caught with Ravana forever!
People will go nuts about this...

So to make the game non-controvertial they would always have to make you victorious... Which apparently SUCKS!

Age of Marathas won't be succesful either coz It's limited to a specific group only... You only have marathas ...

moshel

Padawan
I would be really happy if such a strategy game comes in the market. but it would be a tragedy if an Indian game developer company makes it. But to convince some one like EA to build it, we need some ppl in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom