If Linux Distributions Were Women...

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
If Debian were a woman...

Debian is an exceptionally idealistic and intelligent woman who spends most of her time reading and expanding her horizons. She is conversant nearly twenty languages, and can carry on introductions in over forty. Given her preoccupation with self-improvement and expansion of her knowledge, she tends to be a bit myopic and forgets the rest of the world. No matter though, her friends quite happily pay regular visits until she is available.
8)

praka123

left this forum longback
I will install Debian From Scratch with apt-build to optimize for my prescott rather than slackware! ;)
gentoo well....I tried it for 6 months or so..dumped it! :D
nothing g33ky that geekgod will be happy slackware will give!without a good package manager,it is just worth LFS :rolleyes:

praka123

left this forum longback
well,Ian already left for OpenSolaris :rolleyes: he wants apt and dpkg for solaris wth? :evil:

actually Debian is maintained by a community with more than 1200 developers,package maintainers:)shock:)
They have a election system.and current elected leader of Debian Project is: Sam Hocevar . :-|

ray|raven

Think Zen.
No wonder I like gentoo and slackware.

Lolz,Ubuntu's the one that's funny though :p

nothing g33ky that geekgod will be happy slackware will give!without a good package manager,it is just worth LFS :rolleyes:

Actually, Having no package manager is pretty good , for me atleast,
Zenwalk comes with netpkg that does solve deps,
but i rarely use it, i prefer managing packages on my own,
and nothing beats compiling :p

Only reason i use zenwalk over slacware is a maintained gnome.
Its way easier to get those few gnome deps i cant live without.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^does zenwalk got gnome-2.22?also,I heard some 3rd party package management systems available?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Yep, Gnome 2.22 is packaged.
Zenwalk uses an in-house-developed package maintenece system,
called netpkg.
It's also compatible with slapt-get for those debian freaks among you :p
No Offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom