IE fails to open

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
my friend's PC is a pIII with 1GHz. with win98 OS and 128 MB RAM ...

when we click on the IE icon in the desktop IE refuses to open ....

we went to c:\program files\(IE folder) and clicked on iexplore.exe ...... IE refuses to open

he connects to the net n browses by clicking the "MyComputer" icon and types the URL the websites open normally ...

how do i fix the IE icon error .... IE fails to open on doubleclicking the IE icon ...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Go to Add/Remove Programs, click on IE and click on Add/Remove. There you will get an option for repairing IE. Try that.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
tried that not working

hi tuxfan .....
thats not working .......
i even reinstalled IE on top of the existing one ... thats not working either

i reinstalled win98 on top of te existing one .... no use ....:-(

tuxfan

Technomancer
Well, if reinstalling Windows also doesn't work, I wonder what will!! I fear you may have to go for a clean re-install for this to work. Or wait for some one who knows more than me.

If you are wanting to use IE for browsing, believe me, it is in your own benefit that it isn't working :roll: Try using Firefox. Either you can download it or install from Digit/PCQuest CDs. Install version 1.0.

swatkat

Technomancer
Whenever u double click the iexplore.exe,check that is there any process called iexplore.exe is running by using CTRL ALT Delete.
If the pocess IS running but Explorer is not opened,then it may due to some Virus or Spyware problem.
Scan the system using any of the updated AV and AntiSpywares like, Microsoft AntiSpyware
SpyBot SnD
AdAware
Some good AV
System Mechanic etc.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
yeah iexplore.exe is running

i tried Ctrl + alt + del b4

ieexplore.exe is running .... i will try cleaning it with spybot ..
thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom