Idea - Gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi friends,
I want to know if anyone of you is using Idea Gprs services. If yes plz let me know what are the speeds u r gtng.
I was using an Airtel for my GPRS n used to get abt 10-20KBps on EDGE network bt recently i shifted on to idea. I enquired about GPRS and was sad to know that there was no EDGE still i opted for it.I was told by the CC guys that speed will be abt 35-42kbps(i.e 4-5.5KB)
And now man, the unbelivable is happening to me. I am getting download speeds of upto 34KBps(i.e 272kbps).
When i saw this i started a stopwatch in my DU meter.I didnt get that 34KBps again till now bt still managed upto 22.2KBps. Here's a screenshot *img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ideaspeedug8.jpg

Pathik

Google Bot
well CC ppl r dumb ... btw tell us ur actual dl speeds u get wen dloading something.... not the dumeter ones...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ashu_dps said:
Hi friends,
I want to know if anyone of you is using Idea Gprs services. If yes plz let me know what are the speeds u r gtng.
I was using an Airtel for my GPRS n used to get abt 10-20KBps on EDGE network bt recently i shifted on to idea. I enquired about GPRS and was sad to know that there was no EDGE still i opted for it.I was told by the CC guys that speed will be abt 35-42kbps(i.e 4-5.5KB)
And now man, the unbelivable is happening to me. I am getting download speeds of upto 34KBps(i.e 272kbps).
When i saw this i started a stopwatch in my DU meter.I didnt get that 34KBps again till now bt still managed upto 22.2KBps. Here's a screenshot *img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ideaspeedug8.jpg

272kbps! :shock: Hey guys...is this true to all idea users??

rajasekharan

Youngling
welcome back mate :) . . good to see ya saurav:)

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^^
you are getting maximum speed.....except EDGE, it's not possible to increase your speed more than 6KBps= 6*8=48kbps.....

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
While i took the screenshot i was downloading from download.com n as far i remember the average speed for download was 9-10KBps.

Right now m surfing from the same connection n i am getting upto 12KBps
(96Kbps)!!

Good Na :)

@rajasekharan : Yes mate, i dont know how but this non-EDGE enabled network(Acc. to CC) is giving awesome speeds in Delhi.

And please friends, m not hallucinating.I have my proofs ;)

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Sometimes that happens. I used to surf net via Airtel Live! One day I suddenly started getting speed of 68KBps. A 5 MB audio file took just 2.5 minutes to download. Thjat night the speed was cruising. But never found that speed again.

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
But am getting the speeds constantly, though not in 30s but even 15-20KBps download is awesome.

Isnt any one else using Idea here in this forum, for GPRS ???

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Well another unique trick. If your balance falls below Rs. 5 then they don't charge for GPRS to stop the balance from going into negative. Successful in Aurangabad.

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Vow!!

Now i will use this trick after unsubscribing to this Unlimtd plan in March then wl let u ppl know.

nabeelpkw

Right off the assembly line
Hey me too is getting download speeds od 22-26KBps. I ws hving an unlimited broadband connection for Rs.800 bt nw I hv dropped it for Rs.500 plan of Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom