Icons in Task Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

P V VITHALANI

Right off the assembly line
Whenever I install new software, an icon of the same is added to the task bar, i.e. on left hand side of the computer near clock at the bottom. How to remove it ?

ramank

Broken In
I think you mean the Quick Launch toolbar. just right-click on the icon and select Delete.
BTW, is the clock on the bottom left?

vysakh

Padawan
i think he is talking about the icons in the sys tray
for different softwares the method is different
which softwares' icon do u want to remove

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
if its on systray then... go to setting of program and look for something like "don't show tray icon..." ... and if its not there there then righclick on ur taskbar or startmenu and click on properties.... now on customize button at bottom... here you can set display settings of icons in systray... simplr :)

and if you're talking about quicklaunch.... then just delete the icon you don't want there....

expand quicklaunch by unlocking taskbar... and then righ click on it and click oopen folder.. it'll opn the quick launch forler in explorer... now add shortcut here you want and remove one u don't want... simple :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whenever I install new software
This means that it must be quick launch. I think what ramank has suggested will solve the problem. Icons of all the installed software doesn't appear in system tray.

indrajit

Journeyman
Whenever you are instaling a new software, if its not too confusing for you, try doing it using the"Customized Install" instead of the "Typical Install". If you customize the install, in some stage you'll get the option whether you want to add an icon to the sys tray which you can deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom