Icon/image prob in win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
Hi,
My IE quicklaunch icon in the toolbar was superimposed by the direct X icon..how can i change it back to the original IE icon..

swatkat

Technomancer
Right Click IE quick launch icon and then, click Properties.
Here click ShortCut Tab and click "Change ICon" and then choose the appropriate icon.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
swatkat said:
Right Click IE quick launch icon and then, click Properties.
Here click ShortCut Tab and click "Change ICon" and then choose the appropriate icon.

ok tats not the only prob...ters more to tis prob ,mate..wen i take my cursor on top it,says launch IE..but wen i click it dxdiag window opens...i tried tat method of changing the icon,but i cudnt find the IE(original) icon after browsing...
now wat to do...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The original IE icon is obtained by using the "Change Icon" window and then browsing to the Program Files\Internet Explorer and selecting the iexplore.exe file. If the dxdiag program opens up, then that means the shortcut is corrupted. Delete the DX icon and then create a shortcut the the iexplore.exe file and then drag it back to the Quick Launch bar to restore it.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
enoonmai said:
The original IE icon is obtained by using the "Change Icon" window and then browsing to the Program Files\Internet Explorer and selecting the iexplore.exe file. If the dxdiag program opens up, then that means the shortcut is corrupted. Delete the DX icon and then create a shortcut the the iexplore.exe file and then drag it back to the Quick Launch bar to restore it.

oh tx a lot mate..it solved my prob..but can i access dxdiag.exe later if i want to..tat file is in windows in c drive,if i am nt wrong..let me know..
:p :p tx again 4 teaching me something

swatkat

Technomancer
yeah..u can access the dxdiag.exe if u want it later....do this:-

Go to Start>Run and type dxdiag and press Enter, u will get it...

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
tx to all of u who helped me get over this hurdle...i appreciate all help..tx again..atleast tis hurdle is clear.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom