Ice formation in ac

rohit18rs

Journeyman
guys .. there is a lot of ice formation in the front grill and the tube of my ac which has resulted in less cooling ,, please tell me what to do .. i am also adding photograph.. .. in this pic ice is on the side tubes and a little bit on grill .. After sometime 2/3 of the whole grill is covered in white ice... Please help guys

aniket.cain

Padawan
The same thing happened to the AC in my room a few days ago. The AC wasn't cooling the room ever after running for hours, but the insides of it were getting covered in ice. The repair guy told me that the gas had leaked from the compressor. So, have your compressor checked.

Gollum

Collector
Lol what is the temperature that you have set the ac to?
Do you get adequate cooling?
Tried making ice cream on the grill yet?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
There is leakage. The unit is bleeding the coolant. It will need to be patched and re-filled.

emmarbee

Journeyman
@OP - did you get the solution for this problem? I'm having the exact same problem.
*postimage.org/image/pdw5d3xg/
*postimage.org/image/pe4f1uec/

@asingh &aniket.cain - are you sure about the gas leakage in compressor?
Even my service guy said the same. When I asked to service the A.C [just clean off the outside net filter and inside filter], he refused to do so, saying that it is a problem due to gas leakage and can't be rectified by "cleaning" the filter. He But i didn't want to repair it [as he said it would cost me around 3k].

I found at that, I get this problem, only if I run the a.c with "energy saver" mode [runs the compressor till the set temperature and after it reaches the req. temperature, it shuts down and the regular fan won't be running, like it used to, in normal mode]

Code:
*www.inspectapedia.com/aircond/ACCoilFrost.htm

After reading this article, I came to know that, if i turn OFF the "energy saver" mode, the fan helps in melting the ice, so it seems I'm not getting this problem [but actually the ice forms and melts due to fan]

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
its not the fan .. if you are getting the same ice formation like i did .. then its gas leak .. the coolant gas is leaking that too a very minor leak... I had a very minute leakage of the coolant gas in the ac.. now its ok.. it took around 2000Rs to repair the leakage and fill the gas again for me ..

its not the fan .. if you are getting the same ice formation like i did .. then its gas leak .. the coolant gas is leaking that too a very minor leak... I had a very minute leakage of the coolant gas in the ac.. now its ok.. it took around 2000Rs to repair the leakage and fill the gas again for me ..

Yes its gas leakage, gas filling cost between 2-2.5k. No other solution.

rsk11584

Journeyman
once i went to sony service centre with my friend who gave his ps2 for service, there in that service centre one LG split AC was running, and suddenly ice cubes began to fall out of it, the customer care gal, immediately switched off the ac,, i jokingly told my friend first these sony service centre needs to service the AC :

Top Bottom