ICE for Car (Alto K10)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey, I'm getting an alto K10 next month and want to add some audio(ICE) in it, my budget is 15k, any suggestions?? I need CD, USB and an aux will be nice. Also anyone know a good place in kolkata where I can get one??
Just need a head unit and 4 speakers, no amp or such.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: ICE for Car(Alto K10)

Choose Recievers among: Pioneer DEH-7300BT, DEH-P6000UB or Sony GT-790UI.
I've the Sony GT-790UI unit in my car and it sounds gr8. Just love the "DSO" feature in it as well as the ease of access.
However, i'd really suggest Mega Audio MADT 385! Superb features for the pricing and as well as nice sound reproduction. Whats more, it has a 3.5 WIDE TFT for viewing videos from DVDs / SD cards / USBs. Check the availability with your local dealers. Here in NCR, it costs around 8.5K! Totally worth it.
For speakers, look for Infinity co-axials at rear and JBL's components at front. Infinity 6x9 will cost you around 5K and JBL compos will cost ~4K along with crossover set. They should provide gr8 sound imaging and perfect mids and highs!
Even if you are left with more to spend, then i'll suggest MABT 1100 from Mega audio.
Make sure, you check the specs and ratings at their website.
Good Luck...

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: ICE for Car(Alto K10)

Thanks, what about JVC 2-DIN Receiver, I like this cause it covers up the entire music system vent(does not leave the bottom vent open like 1-DIN systems). Here's the image:
*www.jvc.co.in/car/cd_receiver/kw-xr616/img/kw-xr616_image.jpg

this one costs like 9k with bill, sony on the other hand(2-DIN) costs like 12k+, I'm getting the Sony speakers(small front, oval back-300w), can't add the amp now as we are about to buy a garage and that is damn costly.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
just because I wanted to have bluetooth support too, I went for Sony Explod MEX-BT3850U for my Figo. I am using stock Ford speakers, do not know their make.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
regarding speakers, never even think of sony....

Sony Xplod WX-GT77UI - 10K

*sp.sony-asia.com/media/102/51040

JVC KW-XR610 - 9K

*www.speedsound.com/images/products/JVC%20KW-XR610.jpg

Front speakers,
JBL GT5-S204 - 1.2~1.5K
OR
Polk Audio DB401 - 1.5~2K

Rear speakers,
JBL GTO948 - 3.5~4K
OR
Polk Audio DB691 - 3.5~4K

Either get JBL set or Polk set...

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks for the reply, I was planning for polk audio speakers but can't find a store yet, JVC looks good for the syste, any idea about Blaupunkt?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Blaupunkt is awesome... If u get it under ur budget, dont hesitate to go for it...
Talked to a guy in a nearby store, says 12k for it(didn't see it, says have to order it, sounds fishy), crossing the budget by a bit, so finalized on JVC.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
JBL and polk audio are same... get either of them...
I myself own jbl GTO in the rear mdf tray of my indica...
They are awesome, they make my rear view mirror tremble during bass notes...

Top Bottom