iBerry Auxus AX03G ► ICS, 2G/3G SIM SLOT, 4000mAh, 1GB ram @ Rs.9990

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
did some somebody have it in hand yet :?:
any review or recommendation? :-?

Iberry Auxus AX03G tablet phone detailed review - See it first ever- best tablet for INR 11,000 - YouTube i'm disappointed. :( very poor network via sim and wi.fi. :(

please guys, suggest me any other 3G tab. Anybody have idea about NXG 3G, NXG PHABLET, PANTEL 3G, ZYNC 999 ? or should i wait more? I've tight budget. Or should i buy any android mobile phone with big screen. I'm really tired checking website daily for a tablet info.

I wish somebody give me iPad or samsung tab on my birthday in september :)

sekhar.mld

Broken In
Iberry Auxus AX03G tablet phone detailed review - See it first ever- best tablet for INR 11,000 - YouTube i'm disappointed. :( very poor network via sim and wi.fi. :(

How can u say that? this video does not tell that.
Did you here it from any other user? :-(

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
How can u say that? this video does not tell that.
Did you here it from any other user? :-(

SOURCE: Posted by a user name "RAMA KRISHNA KAMATH" on FB PAGE:

Iberry the comprehensive guide to issues faced by me with the Auxus ax03G
Issue 1: (network)
•It has very poor 3G network reception. It does not even accept 3G network with full strength network coverage which is causing waste to my expensive 3G plan as I am forced to use it at 2G speeds.
•Even 2G signal reception requires very good to excellent strength network coverage to even register on the network.
•There is frequent total network loss (no coverage).
• It says registered on network but no network bars are visible nor is it usable for calls or data transfer at that time.
•It also frequently disconnects from the internet when used with sim card data transfer, causing data wastage due to interrupted downloads.
•There is no 3G network related video calling.
•There is no option to select the network mode i.e. 2G/3G (GSM/UMTS) or dual mode.

Issue 2: (Battery & charger)
•Battery lasts for 3 hours & 28 minutes with the wifi on for downloading and browsing in airplane (offline) mode with Bluetooth switched off, with minimum brightness setting of the display & other tasks killed. This is after the firmware reinstall.
•Battery standby time was about 13 hours & 30 minutes prior to firmware update, current standby time is about 18 hours & 20 minutes with all antennas off (Bluetooth, wifi & network), all apps killed and display off with brightness at minimum setting.
•The charge falls slowly till 67% and there on it falls fast.
•The charger tip gives a mild shock every time.
•It takes about 6 hours & 34 minutes for 100% charging from 1%

Issue 3: (Miscellaneous)
•Multiple games (motion sensor based) legally downloaded from playstore like racing moto, highway rider, speeding moto etc. to name a few show the rider to be shaky(wobbly) on default as well as special setting of the accelerometer. This happens even when the device is laid down on a flat table surface like a table, undisturbed. The above mentioned games work very well without the abovementioned problems on other devices that I have at home.
•Multiple games from reputed developers like Gameloft are said to be incompatible with this device after download from the playstore. Also the playstore recognises the iberry tablet as a device from unknown manufacturer.
•Internal memory is detected as memory card on preinstalled software like office suite pro and aldiko. I have to take a roundabout way to access the external sd card files.
•Prior to booking, I was informed by some customer service executive, that the iberry auxus ax03g had A2DP support in the Bluetooth on specifically asking such a query. However after the usage of the said device, I have realised that, such is not the case. Hence, kindly advice, whether such an upgrade (adding A2DP/AVRCP/EDR) is part of a software upgrade or a hardware upgrade, should such a thing be made available later or now.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi kool

looks like you saved me

thanks
hey, if u r planning to buy any other 3G tab plz do tell me, i've searched lot. and found 4 more devices under Rs.10k but dont know which one is best. :(
1.NXG XTAB A10 3G
2. DOMO 3G TAB
3. SWIPE HALO 3G
4. VEEDEE 3G TAB

pankaj.

Broken In
Same here Kool ,

I m too Searching a tablet with phone feature with 3g and must have ICS ( and i want to confirm that it support RDP too)

But still i m worried to try indian vendors looks like we need to wait some more time.

thanks

techlover

In the zone
hey, if u r planning to buy any other 3G tab plz do tell me, i've searched lot. and found 4 more devices under Rs.10k but dont know which one is best. :(
1.NXG XTAB A10 3G
2. DOMO 3G TAB
3. SWIPE HALO 3G
4. VEEDEE 3G TAB

Add Zync 999 plus too :D

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Same here Kool ,

I m too Searching a tablet with phone feature with 3g and must have ICS ( and i want to confirm that it support RDP too)

But still i m worried to try indian vendors looks like we need to wait some more time.

thanks

I'm from patna, and here there is no showroom for any above tabs. so i've to rely on youtube vids review only. among these features & specwise, VEEDEE lookig very sexy and it has two version two select, with HD display RS.1000 EXTRA. But no review still. By d way, in budget price we can get only above tabs only. else HCL is Rs.15,000 or samsung Rs.19,000 :( if any of ur frnd are using above brand, plz do tell us here,... hows experience of sim network on these tabs.

VeeDee D103G
First Look

*i50.tinypic.com/eggvo.jpg
*i49.tinypic.com/f05het.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/fcv1o5.jpg

Add Zync 999 plus too :D

he he, that comes in Rs.12000 category. :p
by d way one more tab with 1024 display and 3G SIM @10K, but don't know howz this brand. www.wickedleak.org/178-wammy-ethos.html

guys, which processor is best? allwinner, cortex, boxchip? Whats d main diff between them?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok guys here is my review *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/161637-ainol-novo-7-aurora-ii-short-review.html

ajith025

Broken In
hi, i bought auxus ax03g, i dont have the above said 3g reception problem, i am getting speed between 1 - 2 mbps on idea 3g connection. battery backup is a concern. it was not as expected

sharang.d

Youngling
hi, i bought auxus ax03g, i dont have the above said 3g reception problem, i am getting speed between 1 - 2 mbps on idea 3g connection. battery backup is a concern. it was not as expected

Can u PLEASE PLEASE do a detailed review? You'd be helping many people :)
Take a look @ RCuber's review if you need help

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

show us a screenshot of network bar & speed. or plz uplaod a video pn youtube. howz battery backup?

geex

Right off the assembly line
i just found hcl me y2 tab
Specification:
1Ghz cortex A9 processos
1GB DDR3 ram
7in IPS screen
3G sim slot
HDMI and USB

Buy HCL ME TABLET Y2, Latest HCL ME TABLET Y2 Online - HCLStore.in
thanks for your comments on this tab in advance! :)

ajith025

Broken In
i am posting a picture taken with nokia 5230 of the screen ... hope u can see network strength full... and report.

15082012400.jpg

i have reset the factory settings yesterday so only able to give report from yesterday :)

for screen shot which software to be installed? i tried one but it says device must be rooted.. to take screen shot... suggest me a free software by which i can take screen shot...

the network can be switched between 2g and 3g. there is an option for that.. they all are common for all ICS i think???

DSC_0000001.jpg

i havent noticed abt the battery. coz i dont use it continuously. and also i am new to android.. so learning all about android :)
i didnt knew that there will be so many apps running on background even i dont open them which cause battery to drain quickly...

from a rough calculation i think it lasted from 100% to 1% for 12hrs in total with almost 3-4 hours browsing on 3g. (screen on full brightness)

there are 2 issues i noted till now.

1. after a long period..( more than an hour usually) keeping the device idle, it is difficult to get connected to internet. not that the signal is gone. signal is there, can receive call and messages. but it wont connect to internet. i always turn off the modem power and turn on. it will be fine. may be because sleep settings.. ??? i dont know the reason.

2. it was said that the internal storage is 8GB. but in settings--> storage it shows internal storage in 2 sections, 504MB and a 6.07GB. so in total 6.57GB, is that android thing or is that because the device has only 504MB internal storage where apps can be installed? anyone ...???

DSC_0000002.jpgDSC_0000003.jpg

overall i am happy with the device. i have used micromax funtab. performance is far better than that i hope that is because of RAM 512MB - 1GB difference... cant expect anything more from a Chinese device... :)

anyone have idea about usb gps device compatible for android??? suggest me any ... and a universal car charger .. which i can use for mobile and tablet...

---------------------

if i buy this device -- TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless N can i tether my device to pc so that i can use internet from tablet to pc....

or please suggest any good usb wireless device which supports linux also so that i can tether using wifi from tablet to pc and also from pc to tablet :)

hawx

Broken In
i recieved my auxus 03g tablet on 3rd august 2012,so to help it out i'll post a small review about it. Before buying other tablet i checked one thing that company those that are making tablet with phone feature are providing it for a price higher than 12k or sumthing,so i bought my auxus for 9990 as i got prebooking offer discount of 1000 bucks.
now the review
First the build quality of auxus is sturdy and good the overall feel is good and no creaking noises or flimsy plastics used anywhere.

1.Screen
The screen is capacitive 7 inch(800x480)wvga and quite responsive to touches and no false responses anywhere,it provides u with precise feedback,typing is a bliss on it. contrast ratio is little lagging cos in well lit areas the contrast lacks a bit behind but in dark it is quite acceptable.Watchi full hd muv is a pleasure.Also sometimes color tend to saturate but it is minor.the only prblm is glare cos on the screen due to light but its a minor issue and doesnt affects it much.Viewing angle are though nt very good.Overall screen performance is good.

2.Hardware
Next comes the processor,it is 1ghz arm a7 coupled it with 1gb ddr3 ram and this tab can handle any multitaskin or processor intensive task easily.So no worries over there.Playing shadow gun a proper console quality 3d game on it was quite fun,no lags and the graphics were good becos of the Dual mali400 gpu that handles all the graphics work,so having fun on this tab no issues.
the wifi provide is b/g and it also does it works properly,no issues on connetion like connection drop,u switch it on scan networks find one connect and ur ready to browse.
then there's bluetooth v2.0 which also works neatly.also u can access ur internet frm pc via bluetooth and wifi,also wifi teethering i s possible.
it has though a micro usb port,i was expection standard usb port would hav done a better job but alas u cant cram everythin on such a small place,though it does the job,a standard micro to standard usb converter is provided which can detect pendrives on it and also detects 500 gb of hard drive but only when tab s connected to charger cos it drwas power frm drive,i have tested it with a seagate 160 gb drive and it worked well. though it takes some time to copy data to and fro frm devices but acceptable speed.
the tab comes with onboard 8gb of memory and external micro sd slot is provided for further expansion. the tab comes with 16 gb memory card. one thing other tab at this price point do not provide 8gb on board memory,they giv 4 gb.
so hardware wise the configuration is good and satisfying at this price point.

3.phone
the tab comes with 3g sim slot so u can access 3g via it,also 2g network is supported via edge and gprs. Reception of signal in clear areas has no issues,only in areas like basements of building,elevators does the signal quality drop a bit. voice call quality is normal,though the earphone sound is low,so u hav to connect headphones in noisy areas otherwise u wont be able to hear a thing. and one more thing during a ongoing call if connect headphones the call gets disconnected,its a bug i think they will rectify it in nex update.also ur not able to check ur balance on the tab cos it does not show operator sent messages,it shows them some random garbage numbers,again dis issue hope will be rectified in nex update.

4.multimedia
the tab comes with a front facing vga camera for video calls and a rear one a 2 mega pixel,its image quality is decent and satisfactory,hell u dont use ur tab for photography but the cam does its job well...
multimedia experience is good full 1080p or full hd videos played without any lag and u can watch this on ur lcd via the onboard mini hdmi out,but u gonna need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi converter for that.
one more thing the tab comes with a video player that can convert ur normal media to 3d so that u can watch it on 3d enabled lcd tv or on tab itself an added plus point.:-D :shock:
the device comes with preloaded office for ur office and word related needs,though i recommend downloadin new version of office for full office suite capability like preparing and editing presentation...

5.battery backup

the tab comes with a 4000 mah battery,which is only negative thing abt it,on full charge with phone enabled the device will last u for 5 hours on mix usage of net,phone and device itself,witout phone enabled can go upto 7-9 hours depending on usage,i recommend connecting it to main power supply wen ever possible.

6.internet

the internet experience was quite good,the tab supports adobe flash 11.1 and hence playing you tube video was piece of cake.the default browser is good for ur internet need,but i recommend u dwnld opera or chrome or firefox which provide u with more advance feature than stock one. u can browse the net in either full desktop mode or tablet mode its upto u and ur bandwidth:-D

now with some minor issues.
the tab tends to heat up a little bit under heavy usage which u can feel.
the tab tab takes some time to respond when copying files frm tab to other device or vice versa
also it does not comes with headphone so u need to buy one.
no a2dp support for bluetooth.
also once or twice the tab has hanged while using chrome,but i think the issue is due to chrome and not bcos of tab...

my final verdict is that i'm, satisfied with overall performance and price of the device.also no issue against service cos their service is quite good,the call center as well as the email support replies u back immediately. if ur facing any issues with tab they will collect the tab frm ur place and will return u aftr replacing or repairin it free of cost only conditon is dat ur area must come under their pick up and drop faciltiy.
hope this reply help u guys u out...pls ignore my sms lingo...cant help it:-D

Top Bottom