Votes: 32 68.1%
  • AMD FX 8350

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • AMD FX 8150

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I will mildly overclock about 200Mhz increase only so H60 is enough right, I mean I don't actually have an idea at all

For that much OCing, the stock cooler is enough. Stick with the CM evo.
Better yet, do some research and find out actually how much you are willing to OC. Decide on an upgrade after that.

You dont need so many fans. There is a limit to how much fans can actually cool a system. Adding 20 fans wont give you sub zero temperatures.

Sorry if I missed it but what's your monitor size ?
660ti is not much of an upgrade from 7850. Anyway at that budget the sapphire 7950 is a better choice.

Say what? You have this ig already? Then what is the point of selling everything in here? :eek:

You want to upgrade?
Add another HD7850 2GB card with it;
Sell Hyper 212 EVO, get Corsair H100.
Get a 2133MHz 8GB RAM kit, and add it alongside that 1600MHz kit, or sell that 1600MHz kit.
You motherboard isn't that good for overclocking. If you want serious overclocking out of 570K (say >4.5GHz) only then change the motherboard. There is no need to change other components.
Or at least my experience says it.

Just adding another 7850 will do.
OP just wants 200mhz OC. Pointless buying new mobo, ram and cooler.

Unless Op just wants to spend some money on the auspicious occasion.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
OP just wants 200mhz OC. Pointless buying new mobo, ram and cooler.

Unless Op just wants to spend some money on the auspicious occasion.

Only 200MHz overclock? I missed. Then that present cooler (i.e. hyper 212 evo) would be more than enough and so is the present motherboard.

Xai

Journeyman
If the OP already has that rig, I see no point in changing the whole setup. Adding a SSD and upgrading the gfx card should be enough.

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy so you are basically going to sell that old rig to get new RIG. I didn't read the post carefully, well in that case my suggestions are to not to sell any components as they are quite good. If you want to upgrade then do as d6bmg said. Just upgrade the GPU with crossfire and nothing else. Your current PC is more than enough to handle all the games as your thread clearly says that you want this PC just for gaming, so no point in wasting the money, just save it for future upgrades when they are worth it. Right now even if you upgrade your PC then you won't be able to notice the performance difference at all.
I hope that you take a wise decision. :)

R

Ranger

I see few folks are opposing the idea of going for a z77 mpower. Has anyone used it to backup the opinion or is it just theoritical thought? Dont intend to start a debate here but considering the fact that this mobo has been released only recently has been specifically targeted at OCers, I take the above suggestions with a pinch of salt. I am myself considering to go for an z77 mpower and woulod like to hear from any existing users in this forum on this mobo's performance.

@OP, Pls also consider the brands that you go for and warranty/service reputation of them in your area. Its a simple checkpoint however we tend to overlook this in excitement of building the rig.

Why dont you just sell the mobo, ram,psu and cabinet and buy maximus v gene, G.Skill RipjawsZ 8GB (2*4GB) 2133MHz, Corsair 300R ,Corsair AX750 ,add another 7850 in cf and a dedicated Physx card... you will have twice the power for less than half the money.

If still you want to sell the whole pc (even except the hdd), please pm me the price you are expecting. I would be more than glad to take it off your hands. :twisted:

Last edited:
R

Ranger

^^
I would get a ROG.... Asus Maximus V Gene for that kinda a money. Does the Msi clock better than a Gene? Any pointers.

Well, your statement seems to indicate that Z77 Mpower isnt worth that money. I think its a new mobo and we should give time for it to be proven however as pitched against being a ROG (for V Gene) Mpower comes with overclocking stress test from MSI itself and everyone knows about it. I think its also important for us to look at other aspects in a rig with budget like this as the user wouldnt be ocing for benchmarking purpose or for ocing only. Not for everything you need to OC. What matters is also the futuristic apsect, expansion slots etc in a mobo. Mpower has got ATX form factor, more usb 3.0 ports, wifi/BT, PCIe slots, more system fan headers etc. I am no MSI fan but just wanted every product to be given time to prove its worth.

I did some rsearch for past few days and looks like good reviews are coming from UK about this mobo. OC Genie also works great and it would be great for beginners who want to OC. I would say lets wait n watch.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I completely agree with @Ranger for saying that MSI Z77 MPower is a relatively new board and in some tests like PC Mark it outpaces even Asus Maximus v Gene as well.Let us have a look at the board itself. The BT/WIFI can be removed completely if wanted.

The Box:

*i.imgur.com/hmP9f

BT/WiFi Ports

*i.imgur.com/ZBLnP

All this comes for 15500 just 1k more than Asus Maximus v Gene.
Asus has Rashi as service as you know they are the worst lot and MSI has DigiCare who have previously replaced my 4year old board without any hassle at all.

The Board

*i.imgur.com/trpnX

With the Mpower you gain - 2 more USB 3.0 ports on the back panel, WiFi, Bluetooth, more expansion slots, 6 pin aux power for the graphics card, thorough pre-testing of the board, dual bios, oc genie (if needed), better positioning of the internal USB 3.0 header, and not to mention a damn sleek looking board or as some put it "the board is pure s*x".

For comprehensive review:

MSI Z77 MPOWER | Pure Overclock

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ TBH I really don't see the point of upgrading your PC right now. You can just get another 7850 and you are good to go. But anyway your money, your choice. :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wan to buy this RIG in Jan,2013 during the big festival as it is auspicious for us Andra fellows. Please post any opinions regarding the 2 RIGS posted above and GeForce GTX 660 Ti performance is very close to AMD Radeon 7950 but 7950 does not have Physx right so I think this GTX 660 Ti card is better and also cheaper by 4k compared to the latter. I also want to know whether 140mm fans can be used on the top portion of 300R because in 300R Fan Club I read that 140mm fans obstruct DVD-RW's installation. So I opted for 120mm fans instead. Also where can I get CM 120mm/140mm Transparent LED Fans online not those smoky LED CM fans as I am already using 2 of those fans right now and I don't like them at all.
Actually with the latest AMD driver GTX 660 Ti is quite slower than HD 7950 3GB and roughly equal to a HD 7870.

"PhysX" is a gimmick. Only 4-5 games use it and I don't see it being used anymore in future. Spend 2K more and get HD 7950. It is the faster card in games and the better card. With 3G of RAM it will handle more AA. Plus, much much higher compute performance.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Well, your statement seems to indicate that Z77 Mpower isnt worth that money. I think its a new mobo and we should give time for it to be proven however as pitched against being a ROG (for V Gene) Mpower comes with overclocking stress test from MSI itself and everyone knows about it. I think its also important for us to look at other aspects in a rig with budget like this as the user wouldnt be ocing for benchmarking purpose or for ocing only. Not for everything you need to OC. What matters is also the futuristic apsect, expansion slots etc in a mobo. Mpower has got ATX form factor, more usb 3.0 ports, wifi/BT, PCIe slots, more system fan headers etc. I am no MSI fan but just wanted every product to be given time to prove its worth.

I did some rsearch for past few days and looks like good reviews are coming from UK about this mobo. OC Genie also works great and it would be great for beginners who want to OC. I would say lets wait n watch.

Mate people are putting in their hard earned money in here so I m not going to suggest something that is not tried and tested. Features that you have mentioned like wifi and bluetooth can be had for Rs 900 more.More USB ports can be had too.Expansion slots are subjective. For eg I use only one for my Xonar,thats it. So you you should consider more things like the thickness of the PCB , the quality of the caps, the VRM ( Analog or Digital) , Heatsink and their size ...aesthetics dont count.

Now a Motherboard that costs Rs 14500 will never be used for Tri Sli its a no brainer. Customers like those will not look either at M power or at Gene, it is a known fact. So more Pcie x16/8 lanes is useless in this price bracket. The size of the PCB dosnt matter as long as it commensurate the performance. The board Maximus Gene comes with enough features to keep a customer looking at this specific segment happy. It is a tried and tested board. No two ways about it.

Now if the MSI turns out great there is no harm in recommending it! But now its too early. It is feature rich board for the money but so is the AsRock Extreme 6! But till then ......

R

Ranger

@Incinerator - Agreed. Wanted to say the samething. I know wifi/BT is not a selling point bt its ab out what you get in one package. why not go for GD65 from MSI either as it has everything in terms of specifications what mpower/GENE has. As far as quality of capacitors, chokes, VRM, Heatsink etc is concerned, I hope you know whats MSI means by millitary class. PCB is not same as that of xpower. There is a difference. when GENE was launched, there would have been someone who would have put his/her money on it and not have the hesitation thinking "Should I wait for anyone to use it first" and wait for somone else to get a first shot at it.

Having said that I am putting my money on mpower and getting it in few weeks. The place where I live, MSI has better service and Asus/ASRock service is pathetic.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
@Incinerator - Agreed. Wanted to say the samething. I know wifi/BT is not a selling point bt its ab out what you get in one package. why not go for GD65 from MSI either as it has everything in terms of specifications what mpower/GENE has. As far as quality of capacitors, chokes, VRM, Heatsink etc is concerned, I hope you know whats MSI means by millitary class. PCB is not same as that of xpower. There is a difference. when GENE was launched, there would have been someone who would have put his/her money on it and not have the hesitation thinking "Should I wait for anyone to use it first" and wait for somone else to get a first shot at it.

Having said that I am putting my money on mpower and getting it in few weeks. The place where I live, MSI has better service and Asus/ASRock service is pathetic.

^^ Just wanted to say that Asus has a long and good history about there ROG mobos and gfx cards. So when they launch a new lineup in ROG series customers don't hesitate at all at putting their money on it as the brand has already been proven. See current series is "V" which has progressed from III to IV to V, so the number iterations gone are very large and hence improvements would definitely be substantial.
That said I wish success to Mpower and Military Class brands from MSI which are fairly new and are yet to prove their pedigree. At least MSi and Gigabyte are far better than ASRock, Digilite or ECS :) in build quality.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
When its Asus and ROG you know you are putting your money which has a legacy. Its like the buying the BMW M3 you know its great even if you blindly book and buy the 2013 model,but you wouldnt do that for a Alfa Romeo,would you? That is the thing . MSI is in no way bad but Im a bit skeptical in suggesting it at the very moment since there aint anybody I know of uses it or have come across a lot in the web,two things I know of at the moment about MSI are its a very good clocker and it has some memory timing issues....but the latter could be a stand alone case.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
does anyone have any idea what MSI military class is?
they claim to have United States Department of Defense MIL-STD-810G standard certified components.
but there is no way to know where its competitors stand..so i suggest hold ur horses..from what i have seen its all marketing..regardless of brands..

When its Asus and ROG you know you are putting your money which has a legacy. Its like the buying the BMW M3 you know its great even if you blindly book and buy the 2013 model,but you wouldnt do that for a Alfa Romeo,would you? That is the thing . MSI is in no way bad but Im a bit skeptical in suggesting it at the very moment since there aint anybody I know of uses it or have come across a lot in the web,two things I know of at the moment about MSI are its a very good clocker and it has some memory timing issues....but the latter could be a stand alone case.

add to that a few vcore issues here and there.

and afterall everyone gets the proven stuff.....such as Intel proccies in case of AMD stuff :p

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Quality wise MSI is ON and OFF brand and same same goes while talking in terms of reliability.
So, it would be wise not to put (invest) that kiind of amount to buy a motherboard from a 2nd class manufacturer of motherboard.

P.S. I know my comment saying MSI is a 2nd class may start some sort of flaming.

Top Bottom