i7 3770k with ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

dfcols71

In the zone
just look in reviews before deciding on asus z77 vpro there are many better mobos than it at that price but if you have decided on asus ,i have nnothing more to say except you will be getting an inferior quality sound with that mobo

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
can u suggest me better motherboard for this price? i thought this is the best...
am not going to overclock..
and my PSU?

Last edited:

dfcols71

In the zone
look in these reviews from toms hardware, ocaholic,vortex
if you are not overclocking extremely, save your money and go with the asrock z 77 extreme 4 from
hardwire.in @10500/-, for reviews google it the vortex review is worth the look

dfcols71

In the zone
about psu go with 650 watt corsair or seasonic ,in case you have future upgrades more hard disks, crossfire 750 watts,i think nonmodular would do with corsair but then its your call min recommended corsair tx650,you can also have a look in corsair hx,ax series as well as seasonic x series 650/750 or thermaltake/xfx fatality if ass is good(ass -after sales service)

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
hey really thanks.... i really out of mind regarding motherboard.. kindly suggest me a motherboard for i7 2600 . no overclocking. max rate 18k

dfcols71

In the zone
state what you want from mobo- wifi/bluetooth? tri sli/crossfire? ,etc.i given many site to look at reviews,what is your requirement & select from any of these
msi z77 gd65
asrock z 77 extreme 4
asrock z77 extreme 6
gigabyte z77 ud5h wifi
asus z77 v
asus z77 vpro
i have suggested atx size mobos
these ones are available @ <18000
look in reviews and decide

dfcols71

In the zone
pal spending so much for (cpu i72600) , or you plan an upgrade 2 years down the road i suggested an unlocked cpu i7 2600k, 2-3 years down you can overclock it to boost performance

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
i ll get a mac note book after 2 years.. thats y am not into k series.. am using the system for animation.. features r not important.. i ll check all this motherboards..

spitfire7

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy i7 3770k and GTX 670. Not sure about the motherboard. Please do suggest me. I am confused. I will be overclocking in the future. I live in chennai. Could someone please tell me where i can buy the following? I want to buy it locally.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
can u suggest me better motherboard for this price? i thought this is the best...
am not going to overclock..
and my PSU?

If you are not going to overclock, then you should buy I7-3770 + a H77 based motherboard.
Why are you wasting money in 3770K & Z77 board?

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
3770 not 3770k..
i'm happy with asrock z 77 extreme 4
but i don understand its cons.

Pros
+ Wonderful aesthetics
+ Strong performance
+ Lots of useful features
+ Overclocking is easy and effective
+ BIOS has been improved
+ Brilliant value for money

Cons
- Thinner than standard ATX – lacks case mounting down far side...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ Try to overclock the processor you are using to ~4.5-4.8GHz for at least 6-7 days.

P.S. I don't want to start another series of argument.

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
hi i ve decided this config.. tell me how far this ok..

asrock z 77 extreme 4
Core i7-2600
G.Skill RipjawsX 2* 4 GB RAM
Corsair 500R Mid Tower Cabinet
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK 650 Watts PSU

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
oh am saved.. i already demanded the motherboard (local shop)
daily am checking my mail 4 the notification from flipkart for i7 3770k availability.
thanks Sainatarajan,d6bmg,maverick786us

kindly suggest is 500w psu enough 4 me? am about 2 order it from flipkart

i7 3770k
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM
Corsair 500R Mid Tower Cabinet
nvidia quadrofx 580
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
HD IDE 350 gb

plus one dvd/cd combo drive n other accessories(keyboard,mouse,fans)

Nope, A 500W PSU is not enough to power all those components especially your QudroFx Is power hungry when its in load get a 700W-CMPSU-700GUK or 800-Corsair CMPSU-800 PSU so you could do SLI /Overclock or GPU/CPU

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Apart from mobo everything looks ok...
what exactly is ur budget for mobo?
saw it round 18K a few post earlier...the mobo u listed is around 10k-11k mark...

Top Bottom