i5 gaming cpu help 60-70k

maddy

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:Gaming: Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Max payne 3 or guildwars 2 all latest and upcoming games and watching FullHD movies

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs. 65,000k but can extend it 10-15 more so 80k :)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:yes want to take it to 4.5Ghz ..... might oc GFX if needed

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB or 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no dont want

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I got Monitor Samsung 22"
Pc Case Lancool K62
Gaming Logitech Keyboard
gaming deathadder mouse
corsair gaming headset
so just parts inside cpu :)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:next week or in diwali

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes many times

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai mostly from primeabgb

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Please suggest good build
here is what i was thinking of building
i5 3750k Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com
asus Maximus V Gene ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
Nvidia Asus GeForce 2GB GTX 680 DirectCU II OC Asus Nvidia GeForce 2GB GTX 680 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB
psu Corsair TX 650/750 Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 SMPS
Cooler - which one better stick to CM EVO 120 or go for nauctua or Corsair h80/h100(no direct mount support in my case for h100 have to mod it then)
SSD 120 GB
HDD 500 GB or 1 TB only if money left
CD-rom Sata 24x

I am not sure if asus gtx 680 cu II card available in india or not please help me here or shld i choose 7950 one
also one more confusion Maximus Gene V is great board but i wana go SLI in feature if i choose big 3 slot card will motherboard have enough slot for it ?
pls suggest another good board :D
how about this?
*www.flipkart.com/asus-p8z77-v-pro-motherboard/p/itmd8b8vtrvm9qdq?pid=MBDD8B8VDRZK6XAU&ref=08a6141b-db7d-46d0-9714-871f40940590

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Configuration looks very sensible for an overclocker. If you ask me,I would rather get a great thermal paste and an aircooler rather than a Corsair water cooler which I believe have weaker pumps than say a Koolance or the likes.

And for that monitor a SAPPHIRE GRAPHIC CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC WITH BOOST / Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 is more than enough.

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Configuration looks very sensible for an overclocker. If you ask me,I would rather get a great thermal paste and an aircooler rather than a Corsair water cooler which I believe have weaker pumps than say a Koolance or the likes.

And for that monitor a SAPPHIRE GRAPHIC CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC WITH BOOST / Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 OC Edition 3 GB GDDR5 is more than enough.

Hi Incinerator thank you for your reply ...........
i agree with you i will go for air cooler with better thermal
i am going crazy for gtx 680 becoz i was thinking for going sli and 3 monitor in future but i am not sure
even though i am changing my motherboard to asus maximus v formula and again thinking in i5 or i7 with extended budget :D

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
An i5 3570K or i7 3770K with that Maximus Gene are great combinations. In most cases and i5 is always better and sensible when gaming.Stick with the Maximus Gene V. Z77 and 1155 ? Dont spend more.If you want spend more its wiser going the LGA 2011 socket,if at all.

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
try to find a hd7970 ghz edition
it will be a better choice for multi-monitoring,also if you wanna save some cash go for asrock z77 extreme6(12k)+i5 3570k(14.5k)@Flipkart
it will oc your cpu to 5.0ghz easily(ivy bridge runs hot)
I have extreme 4 with i5 2500k @4.78ghz

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Thank you ...........all of you pros......... for reply

I am going for
i5 3570k with maximus gene (rog board :twisted: with super audio)

Only bad thing in this config:

Change it to RipjawsX if you are interested in RAM overclocking. Cause, vengence is bad overclocker.

Kicked Corsair and added RipjawsX in list thanks :D

onie trouble for me now is
I spend lots of time searching for ASUS HD GTX 680 DirectCU II card but bad luck.... its not available yet and no one was sure about when it will come to India
Its not even listed on asus india website graphic card list
so choices left are
GTX 680 reference card or ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP/Sapphire AMD HD 7970 DDR5 Vapor-X 3 GB
even if i want GTX 680 card ............ reference card noise on full load is bad thing here

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
sapphire hd7970ghz vapor X
if you can find ghz edition that'll be awesome!!!
also check out sapphire hd7970ghz flex edition

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
Asus Maximus V FORMULA Motherboard
Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinium 3GB GDDR5
Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair TX 850
Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1866 RAM F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL

hi guys this i think will be my final build how is it ? :p
also any suggestion on ssd or ram? ........... and my psu is enough for crossfire in 1 year?
going to buy this within 10 days.........

thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Good configuration. But you can consider a 950W psu if you're considering high overclocking for the CPU and Crossfire of 7970

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Thanks Cilus
and yes even i am not sure if 850 will be enough for crossfire in overclocking
i was trying to look for 950w for many days tx 950 but prices are high and not easily available in market at Mumbai............
any good psu besides this for 8k-9k range 900-1000 watt?? dont want cooler master ^_^

Cilus

laborare est orare
maddy, at what resolution you are planning to game? If it is 1080P or even 2560X1600 then also a single 7970 is good enough for most of the games. Go for Crossfire of such a high end card if you are going for multi-monitor setup, each with 1080P resolution. Otherwise a single card is well enough.
On the other hand, if you wanna Crossfire then go for cards like HD 7950 or HD 7870. Currently Sapphire 7950 VaporX is available at 23.6K in MdComputers Kolkata and with the new 12.11 Driver it is on the par with GTX 670. If you wanna CF then go for cards like this.

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
XD haha........... for now its 1080P and i will stick to single 7970 for now......... was planning for future :-D
multi monitor and crossfire in future but i am thinking of buying psu which will give enough power if i do CF of 7970 :p just in case ^^
nways thats not big thing ......... :hyper: drooling on asus platinum 7970 matrix card

Myth

Cyborg Agent
You have blown away your budget i think XD
asus platinum 7970 matrix card is a serious drool stuff. Asus makes pretty products XD

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
Asus Maximus V FORMULA Motherboard
Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinium 3GB GDDR5
Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD
Noctua NH-D14
Corsair TX 850
Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1866 RAM F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL

hi guys this i think will be my final build how is it ? :p
also any suggestion on ssd or ram? ........... and my psu is enough for crossfire in 1 year?
going to buy this within 10 days.........

thanks

Super Jump and a super config! Stick with a single card.

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Hey guys I have finalized my PC build for now will make the purchase this saturday or next week however I am not able to find Nocta NH-D14 anywhere so what would be a good alternative to the Noctua (Air Coolers) , these are some coolers I could come up with :

Deepcool Assassin

Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme ( not sure will be available )

Atm getting air cooler near the noctua capacity is very hard to find so even might consider liquid cooling but I already own a case Lancool K-62 so I wont be able to fit the Corsair H100, though H80 or the Antec 620/920 is a possibility also I really would like to OC the I7 3770k to around 4.5~ mark so please suggest on a possible alternative to the Noctua.

Also from some source I was informed new stocks of Noctua's wont be hitting India soon so .. :(

Help me out a lil bit here.

Thx

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
Hi everyone Thank You so much for helping me and solving my doubts :p

Specially The Incinerator, Myth, Cilus, theproffesor, d6bmg and havoknation for helping me and solving my doubts :p

I bought everything I will post pics and reviews soon :-D

here are quick pics of graphic card

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/118889-showoff-thread-26.html#post1786398

Top Bottom