i want to learn programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Banned
Guys i want to learn programming say almost all.for working in movie/game editing softwares to hacking.Kindly let me know from where i should start.

I have very basic knowledge in c++ but is not in touch with it for years.

Kindly help.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Please read similar threads.

working in movie/game editing softwares to hacking
Now that's a long way.

I have very basic knowledge in c++ but is not in touch with it for years.
Read some non-India authored books. Search around for similar threads.

PS: Hacking what exactly? High level languages don't help you in hacking/cracking.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey let me make you clear. Although its true that almost everything(or may be everything) in this Computer Era requires programming but you cannot learn everything, I mean its difficult to be the expert of everything from Game Programming to Web Designing or from Application Programming to Kernel Programming. There are different areas and each area has a set of libraries and languages used. First, choose your area, where you want to go.
Also, Hacking too contains wide topics and is not just up to programming.
For C++ read Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel. Its a gr8!! book Good Luck!! :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Hacking desnt means you must-have knowledge of Programming and depends on the Kind of Hacking one is attempting to accomplish.

BTW if Hacking to you means blowing online servers,websites,ids and accounts then look forward too SQL,HTML and Python.

Too much can be said about Hacking but that would be offtopic.:smile:

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Hacking desnt means you must-have knowledge of
BTW if Hacking to you means blowing online servers,websites,ids and accounts then look forward too SQL,HTML and Python.

Even those won't help you hack. SQL Injections/XSS/Phishing, etc. are all aimed at exploiting the vulnerabilities - whether it's of the server, the code and/or the user.

If anyone wishes to hack learn assembly.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Even those won't help you hack. SQL Injections/XSS/Phishing, etc. are all aimed at exploiting the vulnerabilities - whether it's of the server, the code and/or the user.

If anyone wishes to hack learn assembly.

Going back to stone age.:razz:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
ok i want to start with movies.How is Maya for Film Maya - 3D Animation Software - Autodesk.

Lol.
Where are you heading.!
Jumped directly from Programming Bandwagon to 3d Designing bandwagon.!!

Anyways Maya too has its own programming language(its scripting language actually) called MEL.Do you want to learn that or simply jump into modeling and animation.???

Last edited:
OP
D

dingdong

Banned
Does that say anything?

Look into Adobe Premier, Pinnacle Studio, After Effects or even the humble Movie Maker will do.

Bhai
please refer the link i have given maya for film is copied from there only.:)

Lol.
Where are you heading.!
Jumped directly from Programming Bandwagon to 3d Designing bandwagon.!!

Anyways Maya too has its own programming language(its scripting language actually) called MEL.Do you want to learn that or simply jump into modeling and animation.???

Lol this time also you guessed right! yes first i want to learn modeling then animation.which can be used for movies.

After that say hacking small easy websites:D.Or spying on anothers system by injecting a program.:D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
why you are confused....
Animation for movies, learning this and mastering it will take 1-2 years. depends on you
Programming, takes 1 day. Mastering it takes 2 years. Algorithms and problem solving you should. not learning every other language.

and one does not simply become a hacker

OP
D

dingdong

Banned
^^I am not confuse.i want to learn.:) thats it.Mastering will come later.first let me learn something.:)

ok then suggest some programming books only.will python help.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
dingdong first of all - You, mate are confused and badly lacking direction.

You want to go Movie Editing? Go for Adobe Premier, After Effects, Pinnacle Studio
You want to go 3D Animation and CG Films? Go for Autodesk Maya
You want to go 3D Modelling? Go for Autodesk AutoCAD
You want to learn Programming? Start with Python/C++
You want to learn Game Editing? Go for Flash w/ ActionScript , OpenGL w/ C++, PyGame w/ Python
You wan to learn Hacking? Learn ASM, Reverse Engineering and look into Debuggers

As you might guessed it, these are forks in the way. Choose a path.

OP
D

dingdong

Banned
dingdong first of all - You, mate are confused and badly lacking direction.

You want to go Movie Editing? Go for Adobe Premier, After Effects, Pinnacle Studio
You want to go 3D Animation and CG Films? Go for Autodesk Maya
You want to go 3D Modelling? Go for Autodesk AutoCAD
You want to learn Programming? Start with Python/C++
You want to learn Game Editing? Go for Flash w/ ActionScript , OpenGL w/ C++, PyGame w/ Python
You wan to learn Hacking? Learn ASM, Reverse Engineering and look into Debuggers

As you might guessed it, these are forks in the way. Choose a path.

hmmm maybe you are right.Actually i have interest in all.Therefore have to start with something first.

Just tell me the usages of python then?I will start with it then.:)

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
hmmm maybe you are right.Actually i have interest in all.Therefore have to start with something first.

Just tell me the usages of python then?I will start with it then.:)

Python is one of your general purpose programming languages. It's cleaner syntax makes it easier for beginners to learn. You can create simple console programs just by scripting, complex application programs by extending to PyQt, 2D Games by extending to PyGame or even a web framework by extending to Django.

I'd say start slow. Download IDLE and learn scripting.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
The preference of Language Is Personal Choice provided the person knows the real good and bad of Language he/she wants to pursue.:)

Theodre

In the zone
If you want to learn programming take it slow with C++ :)Thats better :) But seeing the above posts i think you are confused my friend :) Take a path master it then move to another, its not that easy, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME :)

Monk

Journeyman
Start with python like myself, Udacity and MIT Open course ware are the best places to learn python. Ebooks will only confuse you.
Focus on one thing first rest will follow, for game programming c++ and JS will be beneficial search for a software called 'Unity 3D' its an awesome game engine.
For modelling Maya might be too intimidating for beginners try learning open source software like 'Blender 4D'.

@ Offtopic: I'm half way through python, and i'm loving it. Will learning HTML 5 help? considering that i want to make web pages and apps?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Learning HTML5 will definitely help. You will also need to learn JavaScript to make full use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom