I want to be a game developer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

- Snake -

Broken In
Hello Peoplez!

I don't know whether I have posted my problem at right place or not....ok forget that...

I am presently doing B. Tech. in Computer Engg. from Kuruksheta University.... I want to step into the gaming industry... I want to be a game developer or an animator... But I don't know where to head to after B. Tech.
So could you pleople please advise me what courses are there and which university provides these courses in India or Abroad.....

Please help me out!

bharat_r

In the zone
You need to learn some multimedia stuff like Adobe Photoshop,Maya,3D Studio max,etc
You can learn them at Arena Multimedia or someother place.

Also C,C++ is a must.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I also want to be a animator or game developer.

Bharat can u tell me some good institutes in Mumbai, Pune which would be helpful to me in future.

Thnx in advance

D

Deleted member 5901

I dont know but since BHAGAT SINGH was made in india Try getting contacts of those guys and ask them direct then tell us all wat they said !!!!

Cheers !!!!

sms_solver

In the zone
start making small logical games first. There are several sites that gives source code.

Learn by making small changes here and there. As said by others, C and C++ is the language that u have to learn.

vegeta_killer

Broken In
ya there is one university which offers course in animation n game development it is in gujrat, NID. It offers a degree corse, wan more google it.
it fee around 1.7 to 2 lakh per annum

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
many game developers aspirants

I have noticed that many have the dream to become a game developer but do not know where to start? (including me). We can all meet up under one roof and who knows it can bring a out a new game developing company, but besides passion for games it also needs talent and knowledge..... :wink: So lets see where we all land up and can we complete our dream.......THOSE WHO WAKE UP HAVE TIME TO FULFILL DREAMS...... :lol:

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
Hi....I too wanna develop games but dunno where to start....infact I n my friend are very interested in this field n are searchin 4 diff materials on the net.

OP
- Snake -

- Snake -

Broken In
oooooooohhh...........

Lots os pleople wanna become game developer and why not its a mutli-billion DOLLAR industry....

More over it's graph has never gone down like other IT sectors may be due to the desire of human species for entrtainment.....

When I was in XIIth standard my comp. teacher told me that gaming and mutimedia is The Evergreen field which will never be down.... And by god, It's coming out to be true...

I am a guy in whose viens computer chips flows instead of blood ;) I decided to become a computer proffesional in 7th standard and now I am on with my dreams and doing B. Tech. in the same field... I have accuired knowledge about C, C++ (thats why I am developing an OS), PHP, etc....

I don't know whether I will be a game developer or not, but I am sure I will make SOME DIFFERENCE.....

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
To -Snake-

I too vyin 2 b a good Computer Professional.....I know C,C++,VB.NET....

At present I m workin on developin a real-life simulation.....Will ask 4 ur help if I need it.....hope u'll help me....

OP
- Snake -

- Snake -

Broken In
bizzare_blue said:
To -Snake-

I too vyin 2 b a good Computer Professional.....I know C,C++,VB.NET....

At present I m workin on developin a real-life simulation.....Will ask 4 ur help if I need it.....hope u'll help me....

Any time..... I am always there to help anybody in need, But that's only if I can....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom