Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
sensationalboy said:
u can even download TALISMAN which is just 6.5mb

Well... i don't think Talisman is good enuf!! And talking abt MAC... i think it's just not the worth for those who want their PCs to look like the Macs

-------------------------------------------
*ravifriendz.co.nr

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Hey ppl, what do you think about the windowblinds newest Mac skin.... i was just curious... if it's near That fly a kite software.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Windowblinds just skins the windows and taskbar while flyakite changes everything-your bootscreen,icons,startup sounds etc. so there is no point comparing the two.

Adhip007

Journeyman
Is that any other way to change the look of XP without any thirdparty software? I dont like to use Windowblinds or talisman since they make my syatem slower!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try Style XP's Panther theme (comes in the malepack by default) or try UxTheme Patcher from www.neowin.net to patch the shell files directly without any s/w...

Flyakite is a shell pack and not an app ;)

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Heyyy... now THAT ... is really cool!!!

JUST tell me ONE thing.. how much slower will it make a 256 MB RAM system!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well i use the rk launcher which eats about 3mb extra memory wid the default icons. other than that no performance degradation coz flyakite is a shell pack (ie it replaces some system files).

you can use yzdock or object dock which consume less memory. but the advantage wid rk launcher is that it supports docklets for both these docks! possibilites are endless...you can script ur own sysstats docklets and they are really cool. check this screenie out:

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/4539/macdesktop5ev.th.jpg

it shows a clock, whose second hand is active (not visible in pic!), a cpu monitor, a network monitor, laptop battery monitor etc. wid all this rk launcher takes about 10mb of ram and 3% cpu usage in my case. but if u do away wid active docklets (which update every few secs) the cpu usage becomes zero and the ram requirement really drops!

ps: version 0.4 beta of rk launcher has been a bit buggy wid sysstats. 0.3 has been perfectly stable for me!

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
I hope anyone... who finds that the flyakite is on... i mean the new version is out... them just post it here

!!!!

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Bad news guys,flyakite has announced that the release date for v3 has been delayed.It will now be available after christmas.He also said the wait would be worth it (i hope he's right!).

Anyway to ease the pain,he's provided 2 screenshots of v3.

*www.portraitofakite.com/temp/flyakite.jpg
*www.portraitofakite.com/temp/opensave.jpg

EDIT:This is so cool!!!. he's even managed to implement Spotlight in this version.Yipeeee! :D :D :D

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
WOW!!!

It looks great.... looks like that flyakite dude... is just giving us a pilll to have powers to wait for it!!

But, do you raelly find MUCH NEW with this!!
Im askin' the already users of flya kite!!!!

OR, is there any release note for v3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom