i wann my emails delivered to my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw

De@d
guys

i am using nokia n70 with airtel connection and using the mail option in the settings wizard i was able to configure the "mailbox" in messaging so that i can get all my yahoo / gmail/msn mails delivered into my phone but whenever i try to connect to server from my mailbox in messaging
its askin for the access point username and the access point password
but there is no username and password for airtel so what will i do ????

i tried calling airtel customer care but they dint have a clue

please help

BTW i am using yahoo go now for my yahoo mails
and gmail mobile application for gmails
but still i wanna know how to get my mails delivered to the mailbox

PLS help

S

sariq

i am having N70, i am using email client for gmail (i dont think yahoo and msn will work with it as those are not POP enabled), it works fine even with attachments.

i forgot how i configured it, but it was through setting wizard -select "india" country and "airtel" operator.

i have entered only username and password for gmail. rest all setting was done by setting wizard.

assasin

Banned
@Outlaw is Yahoo Go free???I mean does Airtel charge u for d sms dat u receive?Askin cuz Hutch charges.Cud u give d gmail mobile app thru which u access gmail.

OP
outlaw

outlaw

De@d
@sariq i am using a java gmail app to get my gmail's and its workin fine but the mails are not stored in my phone memory whenever i need to read mails i gotta have a live gprs connection thats a minor irritant

@ assasin
yahoo go is absolutely free ; its a complete package
u can read mails [ ie mails get deliverred to either yahoo folder of your sms inbox ],search,download themes,applications,upload pics............
it also includes yahoo messenger

while installing and configuring yahoo go sends an international sms to yahoo server [ at least i think so] and you'll be charged 5 rupees for that ; other than that its absolutely free

the java gmail app can be downloaded from *gmail.com/app

but guys i think u missed the point here
what i wanned to know is a method to deliver my mails to my maibox in messaging
and i dont wann any 3rd party applications

S

sariq

thats what i am saying, on my phone i go to

messeges>>gmail(after configration email is changed to gmail)
and press

options>>connect. any new messege will come to inbox. now i can press retrieve for download.

i am having Airtel mobile office.

OP
outlaw

outlaw

De@d
but sariq its askin me for access point username and password when i try to connect !!!

ie
messeges>>gmail
options>>connect

then a window pops up askin me to enter access point username and password

[cant leave it blank]

OP
outlaw

outlaw

De@d
yes did that

and i got a mailbox for both yahoo and gmail

but the problem is its askin me for "access point username and password" whenever i try to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom