I-Phone Does Not Support 3G??? And abt 4G??

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesTryForYou

If iphone doest not support 3G ( CDMA2000 and W-CDMA)then will the transfer and networking rates will be lower? I am liking that phone cuz....it has everything comparatively. I want to know your views cuz i am poor about the information.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3G, 4G, WiMAX, 802.20, ABI - do we need them all ?
[/FONT][/FONT]*www.4g.co.uk/PR2004/August2004/2031.htm

OP
K

krazyfrog

Currently only EDGE is available in India, that too in select cities. 3G is still a dream that most of us see every night. So the absense of 3G in iPhone is no big deal for us Indians. Not until the dream of 3G comes true (whenever that happens)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
actually no tht was wat i had read somewhr loooooong back .... this is as of now:

India to launch 3G services by late 2007 - Maran
India recently allowed four major carriers, including Bharti Airtel Ltd., to conduct indoor trials of mobile services based on the 3G spectrum so they could test equipment
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
NEW DELHI - India expects to launch 3G mobile telephone services in the second half of 2007, telecoms minister Dayanidhi Maran said.

"The process for introducing 3G service has already been initiated in India, and it is expected that we should be able to launch 3G services by the latter half of 2007," Maran told an industry conference.

India recently allowed four major carriers, including Bharti Airtel Ltd., to conduct indoor trials of mobile services based on the 3G spectrum so they could test equipment.

Maran is expected to announce more details of India's third-generation (3G) spectrum policy on Wednesday afternoon.

Carriers can offer services such as faster Internet access, movies on demand, and high-end online gaming on the 3G spectrum.

The minister also said the government aimed to provide one mobile phone for every two rural households by 2010 -- about 80 million connections.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom