i needed graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
ram ?? john meant that u shud buy 512mb version of the card 8800GT. not to buy 512mb ram.
besides , tell ur entire pc config . .if u have low ram or too slow proccy, the 8800 may get bottle necked.

currently i have 1 GB DDR 2 RAM and AMD ATHLON 64 * 2 4200 processor so i told i have to upgrade RAM modules:D :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
4200 is not exactly top of the line. but it should do good . try a bit of OC on the proccy. and yes , u'll need atleast 2gb ram . so buy another 1gb identical stick.whats the status of your budget ? what do u intend to buy ?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
4200 will be a bottleneck for 8800gt 512MB :D so try overclocking it (if possible) as sagargv has suggested. And again same question.......what's your budget?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
8800GT OC edition ( make sure u get the 512mb version from either XFX or Asus or MSI. Also enquire from other members about the xfx alpha dog edition . i think i read somewhere that it has mild heating issues . not sure whether it was about evga or xfx )-13k
cooler master extreme power 600W ( or corsair 450W vx ) - 3.6k ( or 4.2k )
1gb ddr2 (make sure u buy same as the other chip) - 1k

that makes it to around 17k...

if u can spend a bit more OR u can bargain and get 8800GT for a slightly lower price , i recommend getting Corsair hx620W psu which costs around 6k. .it'll be damn good and will easily handle your next rig as well. if u cant, the CM 600W should suffice.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Another really good brand would be leadtek.
For ram....buy the ones that comes in pairs, so you will always get exactly matched module for dual channel operation (way better than mixing and matching yourself).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
but he already has a 1gb stick . y throw it away ? he can buy another identical piece. . ofcorse , buying a pair is easier.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
but he already has a 1gb stick . y throw it away ? he can buy another identical piece. . ofcorse , buying a pair is easier.

Yes I know, it was just a suggestion, so that there would be no compatiblity issue in the future. If he could convince his dealer for the exchange then he should do it.

BloodReaper

Broken In
I have two EVGA 8800GTX Superclocked with Crysis bundled.
Selling it for 30K. First priority to people in Delhi.

Both the cards are sealed though one has been unboxed.

And let me clear a misconception that the 8800GT is better. Its not. It might perform well but when you get close to those uber high resolutions the 8800GTX is still the king of the hill.

PS: Already posted on bazaar but not approved yet:mad:

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I have two EVGA 8800GTX Superclocked with Crysis bundled.
Selling it for 30K. First priority to people in Delhi.

Both the cards are sealed though one has been unboxed.

And let me clear a misconception that the 8800GT is better. Its not. It might perform well but when you get close to those uber high resolutions the 8800GTX is still the king of the hill.

PS: Already posted on bazaar but not approved yet:mad:

give me ur price of 1 card

BloodReaper

Broken In
Sorry blooper!:D
Rs 30,000 for each. See dont negotiate on this price coz EVGA is not just one of the best it is THE best and i mean it. 3Dmark records have been made using EVGA boards and cards. So no issue with the brand. Plus its superclocked and comes with a copy of CRYSIS. what else da ya need?:rolleyes:

monkey

Padawan
Sorry blooper!:D
Rs 30,000 for each. See dont negotiate on this price coz EVGA is not just one of the best it is THE best and i mean it. 3Dmark records have been made using EVGA boards and cards. So no issue with the brand. Plus its superclocked and comes with a copy of CRYSIS. what else da ya need?:rolleyes:

You need to think on the price again man. The same brand new card sells for 27k. Add Crysis for 1k and the total is still 28k.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
:eek:
With that much of amount, ppl can buy 9800GX2, when its launched and then invest the rest in Nitrogen Cooling to overclock the card like hell! :p
IMO, the price is an overkill for sure! :D Good luck for getting a serious buyer..!
About, the Best talk...I say, Different Brands, different stories! :D hehe..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
even HD 3870X2 is for 22k which beats 8800GT SLI:D
and consumes just a bit more power than 8800GTX.

BTW
@ketanpatel
i recommend u to upgrade the proccy too as u cant use an 8800GT's potential even bout 70% with an X2 4200+
SO
X2 5200+@ 5k
1G DDR2: 1k
HD 3850 512 @ 10k
Zeb 500W pure Platinum : 1.8k
total: 17.8k
and u get some bucks after selling current X2 4200+ also[maybe 1.5k].
SO if u want u can have even more better proccy , say 6000+ @ 7k and fit 20k bill:)
HD 3850 is more future proof with DX 10.1. But 8800GT @ 12.5k is better than it but is DX 10 only.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But 9800GX2 is already slower than current 3870X2.:(
And ATI is kickin hard with HD 4xxx this june with double performance as 3870X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom