i needed graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartripple

In the zone
hey guys i am planing to buy graphics card .my budget is Rs.12000.:) i like racing games or other sports game .i want to play nfs prostreet on that card so plaese suggest me good one. please explain bundled accesories.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
see this thread, the card is HD3850
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80689

and MetalHeadGautam has given some more info abt the HD 3XXX series
PM him

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
MSI 8800GT OC. get the 512mb version. .hope u have a good enough psu.

whenever you need a g-card. .plz do mention what psu u have. .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
that wont be enough . .the 8800GT needs ATLEAST 26A on 12 volt rail. .

get a cooler master extreme power 500/600W(3k) or a corsair 450W(4.1k).

can u extend your budget ? or do you want to go lower on the g-card.

find out the prices of radeon hd3870 also . .if thats priced around 10k , its a gr8 buy ( ofcourse u need a new psu for this one too ).

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
that wont be enough . .the 8800GT needs ATLEAST 26A on 12 volt rail. .

get a cooler master extreme power 500/600W(3k) or a corsair 450W(4.1k).

can u extend your budget ? or do you want to go lower on the g-card.

find out the prices of radeon hd3870 also . .if thats priced around 10k , its a gr8 buy ( ofcourse u need a new psu for this one too ).
in my city there is no vendor selling those psu so i went for VIP:shock:

vivek404

Broken In
^^^VIP is ok, but u should have gone for atleast a 500W considering u had already made plans for a 12k GPU card.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
personally i feel a VIP smps wont be enough for any 8800. . .tell the amperage on 12volt rail of u're psu.lets c . .

even i used to underestimate the importance of psu's until.. . i got a 8600GT and a local 450W psu cudnt run it with my hot power consuming p4 .

so imagine this . u get urself a 8800GT for 12k . u have no more left for a decent psu. most likely , problems will appear ( like unstability , random shutdowns etc.. .) then what's the whole point of going for the 8800GT ?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Get yourself HD3850 or 8800GT 512MB (even if you have to stretch your budget a little). Other than XFX you can get leadtek, one of the oldest and reliable partners of nvidia.
Since you have VIP 400W then HD3850 would be fine. Don't think you are in a mood to buy a gfx card as well as PSU upgrade. But if you do upgrade your PSU then get 8800GT.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Get yourself HD3850 or 8800GT 512MB (even if you have to stretch your budget a little). Other than XFX you can get leadtek, one of the oldest and reliable partners of nvidia.
Since you have VIP 400W then HD3850 would be fine. Don't think you are in a mood to buy a gfx card as well as PSU upgrade. But if you do upgrade your PSU then get 8800GT.
so i have to go for tripal upgradtion

1) GPU
2) RAM
3) PSU:-D :-D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ram ?? john meant that u shud buy 512mb version of the card 8800GT. not to buy 512mb ram.
besides , tell ur entire pc config . .if u have low ram or too slow proccy, the 8800 may get bottle necked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom