I need some high quality Microfiber cloth peices

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As the title says. I wear glasses, and they get pretty smudgy sometimes, and the given Crizal cloth is not working good anymore. So I need some high quality microfiber piece. Have looked at eBay India, nothing impresses me. There is this MagicFiber one in international Amazon, but shipping costs double than the product, which is meaningless.
Any recommendations? Really need some.

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you mean by cloth is not working anymore?if you think that glass spectacles will remain smudge free forever by just using microfiber cloth then you are wrong.even plastic lens spectacles are not free of this issue(learned this the hard way).only thing i recommend now is place your spectacles under a fully opened tap so as to clear away all minute dust particles & then wipe the lens surfaces by microfiber cloth as mentioned here:
How to Maintain Eyeglasses: 8 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
these pesky particles which are hard to notice are the real culprits & i can say by experience that if you simply use microfiber cloth to wipe lenses with these particles present it will result in spots,lines & scratches(plastic lenses are especially vulnerable to this).

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't think they'll remain smudge free forever, how could one think like that anyway?
Well these smudges are not going, I've tried everything, including the tap water thing. So far the given Crizal cloth worked well, but it isn't working anymore, so I thought a good microfiber cloth will do the job.
No my glasses are not scratched. A good microfiber cloth can wipe out any smudges afaik, whatever..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's the thing.what looks like a smudge may not be smudge but a spot caused by friction of small particles etc.try some glass/surface cleaning solution like mentioned in above link & if smudge still remains then chances of its removal is very low.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have tried it on old glass lenses spectacles & i can say it indeed work better than water but never tried it on plastic lenses spectacles.

Top Bottom