I need advice about blog copyright -- please respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
By googling i reached a forum where I saw a post "Politicians to sit for test" taken from my blog My Weird Thoughts. The poster mentioned my blog name but not blog url :(

So I wrote to their customer care the following:

On your site forum, I find an article posted which has been taken from my Blog. I don't mind that, but would be happy if my blog url is posted there as the source. You people should make sure that users of your forum are respecting copyright.

The article "Politicians to sit for test" is on *www.fropper.com/forum/message-list.php?topic_id=5536&board_id=5 and has been taken from *www.genericsuperhero.blogspot.com/2005/10/politicians-to-sit-for-test_22.html
They replied fast and this is wat they had to say:
Dear Member,

We wish to inform you that the member has clearly mentioned in his posting that it is taken from some source.

However, if you have any issues regarding the posting and do not wish the posting to be in the site, we will take the necessary action by removing the posting from the site.

Please confirm the same with us.

Regards
Sangeeta
Fropper Team

Now i wanna ask u people if i shud just ignore it, or shud i request them to remove it unless they put my url as the source. unless my blog url is given, mentioning source is of no use.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Yea, ask them to remove the article unles they provide a backink to you. I think that it can only be a request as you have no licence on your post (am I right?). Try using creativecommons licence on your site.

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
ya i hav'nt put any such license. i thought dat writing 'all rights reserved' will do the job. anyway, i ll put a creative commons license button soon.

but don't u think dat writing all rights reserved is enough?

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
finally they have given a backlink to my blog in that post on their forum. :) my conversation with the customer care of fropper is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom