i need a mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Plz advise me a mouse
Budget : Rs. 1000 /- +/-200
USE : computer remains ON for 24/7, used by dad, me ,bro, all r righties.
we play lots of games incuing CS and Quake.

It should withstand take harsh use and should have atleast 2 year warranty.

Also can u guys plz tell me that wheather laser mouse r worth the money. If yes plz suggest me a 2 models low end and mid end with prices.

Actually i have the money (from poket money about 3000), but can't decide to spend all that on that small animal ;o

Plz suggest the shop too, in mumbai.

just got a pm from a member.
he has 600 rs. i-ball laser mouse . he liked it but i don't want i-ball.
no offecnce

Thanks in advance

madman123

Broken In
dude...4 years ago i bought a simple logitech mouse for 1200...it still works without prblems..lol
so i suggest u stick to logitech...amazing durability...believ me...with the lan parties i've been to, i know
laser mouse are worth the money, but that is quite a bit of money...again, logitech has a good one...goes by mx5xx or so...
otherwise go for the mx310...both corded

h_kunte

Journeyman
Go in for a Microsoft optical mouse. It is mid-sized ( Not too big, neither too small), Has comfortable buttons, & is very very light-weight. The feather-touch scroll wheel too is a luxury to use. In spite of all these features it is very sturdy...(Unless u decide to prove me wrong by banging it repeatedly against the table!!)

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks guys for quick replys. But do post more.

i am also in microsoft's favour, but where can i get their prices( on phone in mumbai as my exams are about to start)?

plz

also what do u think of this

iball laser for Rs.700
*www.iballonline.com/product.asp?subcategory=Laser_Mouse&productname=Laser Precise
i mean if it can run for atleast 1.5 yr then....

OR

microsoft it may cost me Rs.2000 +/-200
*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=042&active_tab=overview

Help me decide yaar......

jay4u

In the zone
please dont go for laser mouse now.. they are not cost justifiable...

go for optical mouse... either logitech or microsoft will cost you around 400 bucks...

again that the mouse is under heavy use and different people will be using it so better stick to wired one only....

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry guys for reposting but before i could hit the sumit key power went off so the net. thank god i have ups.

Reposting to give u guys a full picture of options with some more.

Thanks guys for quick replys. But do post more.

theproblem in my current mercury 5 button optical mouse (2yr old) r that it swithches on-off on its own and 99% times takes single click as double click.
I hate this sinlge double click problem especially in opera tabs.

i am also in microsoft's favour, but where can i get their prices( phone no plz)?
I need corded one only.
also what do u think of this?

microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000 at Rs.1000
*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=041

or

iball laser mouse (1600 cpi) for Rs.700
*www.iballonline.com/product.asp?subcategory=Laser_Mouse&productname=Laser Precise
i mean if it can run for atleast 1.5 yr then....
( i got info about this mouse from 'siriusb' website
*myxp.blogspot.com/2005/11/input-animal.html) plz take a look at this mouse, seems good to me.

OR

microsoft laser mouse 6000, it may cost me Rs.2000 +/-200
*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=042&active_tab=overview

logitech mx518 optical mouse(1600 dpi) is at Rs.3500 and laser G5 mouse(2000 dpi) is above that so quite out of options. only +ve feature of these 2 is that u can change the precision while being in the game on hardware level.

Help me decide yaar...... :?: :?: ( see the double click happened)

mangemayur

Journeyman
hay that single double click problem is because of yr button switches are gone.

when i faced similiar issue, i thought of replacing it, the switch didn't costed me more than 10 bucks, but was too hard and lasted only for a month :)

better go for the logitech optical mouse. and if u want more info on the new laser mouse
*www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20051118/index.html

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
just checked with logitech mumbai office MX518 for 3000 bucks with 3 yr warranty.
though it is an optical mouse it has 1600dpi reolution and logitech laser mouse has 2000 dpi and i-ball laser also has 1600dpi ( Rs. 675+taxes, 3 yr warranty).
microsoft laser mouse 6000 will be available in 1 1/2 month in mumbai

so i think there won't be any difference between
i-ball laser and the MX518. i think only precision switching is the difference.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are ready to shell out a few bucks then you shuld definately go for Microsoft's mouse, they look great and are very durable !!!

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
goobimama said:
That iBall mouse has a 3 year warranty (laser), should be a good option if you know your dealer well...

Well I think I-ball sucks in terms of warranty as I had to wait 2 months just to get my Black Cat from I-ball replaced and the problem being that side buttons worent working !!!

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
My iBall mouse stopped lasing and I got it replaced in half-an hour. Besides, it's the cheapest laser mouse around and 1600dpi is enough for everyone
(hmm...reminds me of bill gates) But really, unless you have more than 1600x 1280 resolution, 1600cpi is enuf.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
siriusb said:
My iBall mouse stopped lasing and I got it replaced in half-an hour. Besides, it's the cheapest laser mouse around and 1600dpi is enough for everyone
(hmm...reminds me of bill gates) But really, unless you have more than 1600x 1280 resolution, 1600cpi is enuf.

dude you might have replaced with the delear itself, but after a few months when it is sent to the company for repairs it takes a long time to come back !!!

shariq_pj

Broken In
Go in for Microsoft...

It has beeen around for Six years with me... still workin absolutely fine without any glitches...

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
I was gonna buy a 1000bucks mouse but today only got an order for a mid range PC from a friend.

and a definite no-no for i-ball laser.

so going for gaming mouse.
plz visit my new thread 'Gaming mouse, G5 vs MX518'
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=285676#285676

Admins please lock this thread.

CyCo

In the zone
if ur a a mid level gamer go fr the normal optical microsoft mouse
Price: Rs. 500 only .

If u are an avid gamer go for an MX-518 as it cost arnd
Rs. 1800 ..
if u have more cash get a steelapad qck+ or fatpad ..

prices: pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom