I need a good DVD Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpit_the_indian

Right off the assembly line
Hello
1. I need a good DVD ROM + Writer. I was considering the AD-7240S from Sony at Rs.1500. Is it a good choice? Please help.

2. I have bought a new RAM. For installing it, should I just plug out the old one and attach the new one or is there a specific procedure.

That's all for the time being. Thank you everyone for helping me out.

Arpit - the optimist

acewin

Point Blanc
any particular reason for choosing this model.
It would be good I hope, is a 24x SATA burner, but what's the exact price

Sony has got like SATA burners of this series at 22x burning speed Sony 22X Internal DVD-RW AD-7220S
where as SATA burners from SAMSUNG and LG of 22x speed are priced lower than 1200.

I do not know of real performance of any of these.

OP
A

arpit_the_indian

Thanks for the advice. I think that it would be better to decide b/w Sony and Samsung, though I'll still trust Sony more. After all, it's got the highest burning rate in the world and the company's got a good reputation.

Sony is good but some people says that Sony uses chinese kits for their devices. one year back i have sony ODD and whenever i go to take the service rashi peripherels always changes My old one with the new one. i know that its good to have new one than repared one but they always change to new one with different model not the same which i have.
So moral of the story is that think before purchasing sony`s Writers.

Sony is good but some people says that Sony uses chinese kits for their devices. one year back i have sony ODD and whenever i go to take the service rashi peripherels always changes My old one with the new one. i know that its good to have new one than repared one but they always change to new one with different model not the same which i have.
So moral of the story is that think before purchasing sony`s Writers.

acewin

Point Blanc
Asus SATA burner gives problem, Samsung is the best for SATA burner.
I am using ASUS IDE burner which is quiet good. Sony SATA is also good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I have a Sony DVD-RW and a Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD-RW. IMO, Never buy Samsung... mine crapped out in a week and I had to get it replaced and it again crapped and I got it replaced again.. since then it's running fine but it wont read even minorly scratched DVDs whereas the Sony DVD-RW has served me well. I had to get it replaced once but after that, its fine and rocking!

My advice :- get either a Sony, LiteOn or LG DVD-RW.

LiteOn is good but these days they are manufacturing with moserbaer which i think is not good quality. Samsung is also good but the above said problem is very often in samsung my friend`s Dvd writer "samsung sata" also get dead in only six months. Sony is good in quality but my above said problem is sure gives you the current.
By the way you can also consider HP they have good quality of dvd writers and rom`s but these are costly.

OP
A

arpit_the_indian

Thanks everybody for your replies. I have finally decided upon Samsung which has been recommended to me by many people. Also, please help me out with my second query. By the way, is anyone of you attending the gaming workshop being held tomorrow in Ramesh Nagar by Digit?

acewin

Point Blanc
no specific procedure. You just need a free slot.
and and generally the FSB of the RAMs should be same otherwise the higher frequency RAM will work with lower FSB similar to lower frequency RAM.

So, if you have not got free DIMM slot u will certainly need to take out your old RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom