I killed my vista bcd . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I installed xp on vista and its got wasted . . The bcd got washed away and it says - ntldr missing . . I tried installing easybcd on xp but its not working, its installed well but doesnt run at all . . Xp got BSOD ox00005000 prob and dont install most stuffs including driver softwares like ac97 . . I dont have recovery option for vista so wat to do . . Any help . .

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I have used many times easy bcd to repaire xp and vista dual boot... I have also repaired successfully xp and windows 7 dual boot.
My xp is sp3 and never face any such error. I dont think their is any compatibility problem in xp with any version of easy bcd.

ravikanth

Exploring
Did you installed 'Microsoft dotNet Frame work 2.0' or above in xp?
It is the minimum requirement for easybcd to work.
I restored vista bootloader many times after installing xp. Just go to manage bootloader and write mbr. After that if it dosent work, then boot from your vista dvd and repair it. Then vista will be recovered.

OP
phuchungbhutia

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I tried recovery from vista but it doesnt work . . Mesg box repair and restart appears then when i click on it it restarts but the prob persists

liquidsnake

Broken In
hello guys i am new here but i have a suggestion
first pop in xp bootable disk after booting goto repair using the command prompt during xp installaion assuming u have already xp installed
type fixboot
now u can boot in xp
now pop in vista bootable disk in
n select repair, there u will find multiple options use the top most that says repair the problem which prevents vista to boot
that was what i did when i compressed my c: & couldnt boot in either of the os
hope that helps
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
when u hit fixboot there u will be asked to choose different os installations
select ur xp installtion precisely
n u will be asked to enter the administrator password
Posted again:
when u hit fixboot there u will be asked to choose different os installations