"i" key not working laptop

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Hello Friends,
I m using a Toshiba satellite pro P755-S5375 laptop. This was used by my uncle for only skyping with his daughters in usa. now as i was using this i found too many bloatwares of toshiba which made very long time to get to dsaktop. i started unistalling each softwares via revo unistaller and deleted all the leftover registry.

The problem noe the "i " key is not working it was working on randoms clicks some time before but now it completely stopped again on connecting with usb keyboard it still dint registerd i key. so i did a fresh install of windows 8 thinking it may be some software problem(earlier it was on windows 7). now it doesnt work at all.

also at the time of installation precisely in the drive screen it was simply moving down i mean as if the downarrrow key was pressed inifinite.

any piece of advice is really appreciated. is there any laptop keyboard driver updates

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I had seen some key failures on Dell laptop aftera few years but external USB was fine though there.
run some linux live cd and see if the 'i' key is working on linux.

does it type 'i' when you use the virtual keyboard (accessories --> on screen keyboard)? If so for the time being if you need to use 'i' in some important text like password etc, you can use the virtual keyboard. But its no convenient and certainly not the solution.

Top Bottom