I have got bad marks in 10th, now what?

sntshkmr60

Broken In
CBSE 10th results are out now, but I have got 6.4 CGPA which is very low (because no one has got below 5.4) in my school. The worst subject is mathematics (5.0). I want to know what should I do now?

I am good at computers, I think its because I spend more of time in front of computers (not the hardware stuffs), I can do good in computer fields. I know some programming (PHP, Python to be precise and learning C). As someone else in other thread of thinkdigit forums said that sysadmins are in demand nowadays, do it require maths at +2 level to become a sys admin?

The questions are should I take mathematics if my results are so low in maths? What are my scopes? One side I am good at computer and another side I am bad at Maths.

Please guide me, I don't want to waste my computer experiences by choosing any other subjects like biology. I want to make my career where I am connected to computers. Tell me what are my options.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Don't think your 10th marks mean anything. You can take maths. I had 49 in mathematics in 10th and today I'm an engineer where there's maths in nearly everything you do, and I'm pretty good at it, and yes I'm good at maths as well (even if we are talking marks). But anyone who looks at that 10th score will think differently, and I had doubts just like you do today. But things changed, and they will for you too.

If you have interest, you will get through and nobody will stop you. Having maths in 12th will make it easier for you to break into computer field since it is the only way for you to do Computer Engineering.

If you don't take maths, you can do B.Sc or BCA + Masters and still reach there so it's not a huge loss. But maths will help.

(For the record: I may be the only person saying this, but I still think 10th and 12th was tougher than all four years of engineering as well as postgraduation courses like MBA and M.Sc)

krazylearner

poor little me
(For the record: I may be the only person saying this, but I still think 10th and 12th was tougher than all four years of engineering as well as postgraduation courses like MBA and M.Sc)

i agree with this . or maiy be i am just another guy who got frustrated with his engineering :)

Top Bottom