i have a 2o mb rar file which becomes a 2gb iso file.how do i do it with other stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i have a 20 mb file whch on extraction becomes a 2gb iso file:shock::shock::shock:.

i want to do similar thing to my gb's of data.but i dont know how.i thought it was done with kgb archever but since it only supports zip and kgb format it is out of question.

i tried converting my data to iso and then rar but got ridiculos results(385mb converted to 376mb) .

i wanted to know how such results can be achieved.

and yes the file is not a fake it is a setup for installing the complete adobe creative suite.and it works:D.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
tango_cash said:
hi i have a 20 mb file whch on extraction becomes a 2gb iso file:shock::shock::shock:.

i want to do similar thing to my gb's of data.but i dont know how.i thought it was done with kgb archever but since it only supports zip and kgb format it is out of question.

i tried converting my data to iso and then rar but got ridiculos results(385mb converted to 376mb) .

i wanted to know how such results can be achieved.

and yes the file is not a fake it is a setup for installing the complete adobe creative suite.and it works:D.

dude the thing ur saying is ISO...is ISO file for playing game....d/led form internet which allows u to play cracked games...it is just to fool the game ur playing that u have actaul game CD..so forget abt doing it to ur data

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
Re: i have a 2o mb rar file which becomes a 2gb iso file.how do i do it with other st

wizrulz said:
dude the thing ur saying is ISO...is ISO file for playing game....d/led form internet which allows u to play cracked games...it is just to fool the game ur playing that u have actaul game CD..so forget abt doing it to ur data
dude didn't u read the whole post i said it contains adobe creative suite cs2.
and it works.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: i have a 2o mb rar file which becomes a 2gb iso file.how do i do it with other st

tango_cash said:
dude didn't u read the whole post i said it contains adobe creative suite cs2.
and it works.

Sorry may be my mistake

try using

KGB archiver

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36334&highlight=Archiver

rajaryan_13

Broken In
try uploading ur 20mb file, different file formats give diff compressions (like u can compress a 1 mb doc file to under 100 kb rar file) nwz KGB archiver is good, but the time taken is horrundus

hash!!

________
wizrulz said:
iso's r usually cd/dvd images... could be a game, could be a s/w, could be an audio cd, could be a movie dvd... could be any data disc for that reason, just that it can be mounted on a virtual drive... to basically save the slow read speeds of optical drives or avoid the hassles of changing discs every now n then, and even as a backup measure...
lolz... but srry... no clue abt the 20mb to 2gb thing... my frend had gta's setup in a self extracting file which wuz 200-300mb, and on extraction, it became a whole damned 2-2.5gb... i found that pretty damn crazy...
and about changing extensions, i dun think that really works... cuz the compression s/w usually works on the type of data in the file, like docs/txts, their compression capability is huge cuz its only text and images in it... but then compressing songs or images, well, they're already in a compressed form, so the compression s/w duznt make a huge difference...

digiFriend

In the zone

i have " ms office 2006" of 700M.B compressed in 1.4 MB-but it is KGB compressed file. it took 8 hours to uncompressed it. how much time your rar file took to uncompressed?

Last edited:

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
u sure its jus one 20mb file??? or a series of such file that add up to say 100 to 150 mb...
coz the actual setup file may be a split archive...
and no i dont think he can post the links to the file here coz its illegal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom