I guess Corsair PSUs are overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
:(:(

U guyz wont beleive what happened today in the morning.i further oc my system to 3.24 Ghz and left the system to run with orthos stress test for whole nite.
in the morning what i see??
NVIDIA hardware alert that my gpu is not getting sufficient power????!!!!
7900 GT is not at all a power monger like the 8800 ones,i havent oc my system really high and dtill such a disgusting warning??!!

ny type of suggestions why this problem has occured are welcome.plz do reply.

my psu - corsair hx 620watt

Hells_Fury

In the zone
See that could be the problem. GFX cards are meant to be connected only using the PCI-E power ports from the PSU. Those are designed to meet the power requirements of the gfx cards. Just try and see if you can get a 6-pin PCI-E to 4-pin adapter so that you can connect your gfx card to the PCI-E power port on the PSU. I havent come across anything like this, but it may be available.

If Im not mistaken, you are using this? with a 4-pin connector?
*www.extremetech.com/image_popup/0,1694,iid=93190,00.asp

Last edited:
OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
u are absolutely right.i am using that type of connector.so there s the problem??

nyway it didnt show underpowered untill i oc my system and stressed my cpu/ram with orthos.my NVIDIA pop up showed that gfx card is running in power saving mode.will that be a problem in running my pc as rite now i cant get a 6 pin to 4 pin converter and it will be foolish to try connecting the 6 pin plug to the 4 pin one:(.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Yeah thats the problem. The thing is that the other power ports on the PSU are not meant to power graphics cards and so it could be that your card is not getting the power it needs as other system components are drawing too much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom