I got 88% ! gettin' new PC please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerb07

Right off the assembly line
Hi all !
I am Sachin from Mumbai,
i got 88% in my class 10th exam !!
so my dad is givin' me a new PC with 60,000 to 65,000 budget !!!

Now i want an intel based PC -Only- ( not good experience with AMD )
so i hav narrowed to some parts below, tell me if i should add or change something from it:

Pentium D 830 3.0 Ghz - is pentium D 9xx series available in India ?

Intel 945 GNT based mobo - whats the cost of it ? and is 945 GNTLKR available here in Mumbai ?

2 GB DDR 2 RAM667 mhz - which one to get ? ( i mean the company )

Seagate 300 GB SATA HDD - okay na . . .

Lite-on DVD Writer + Lite-on DVD ROM

17 inch sony TFT LCD monitor - i dont know the name but it's around 16k can anyone tell me how its performance is ?

nvidia geforce 7600 GT or 7800 GT ;-)

USB Keyboard + USB mouse

Now, for all the stuff above, which cabinet + PS should i have ? i mean i can spend about 7k on it so what Power supply is good for above PC and what company should i go for ? 1 guy told me abt a VIP PS 500 watts for 4500 Rs
what are other good options ?

i also have 6.1 speaker system from Creative so will it be fully compatible with the onboard mobo ?

Please guys help me on this.
Cant wait to play Fear, NFS MW . . . . . . .

Thanks guys,
See ya all !
Bye !!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why are you going for Intel when you have the budget to buy AMD? Go for AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ (2.2 GHz).

And congratulations for the good marks and the new PC! :)

ashfame

Padawan
i think u should go for a SLI based PC. (7600gt SLI)~(15k)
it will even perform better than 7900gt which costs around 14k.
its 7900gtx (512MB) that costs 21k. (sorry about that)
POST EDITED
if u r willing for a SLI based PC, u will have to choose a compatible motherboard for it.

I think u won't get a 17" TFT for 65k with a SLI based PC.

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
I recomend go for CPU ::--
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor Socket 939
Frequency: 2.6GHz
On-chip Cache: L1:128KB + 128KBL2: 1024KB + 1024KB
If u want to play games go for CRT monitor 19" frm philips best but costly rather than TFT...

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
47shailesh said:
I recomend go for CPU ::--
AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor Socket 939
Frequency: 2.6GHz
On-chip Cache: L1:128KB + 128KBL2: 1024KB + 1024KB
No, that's outdated.

Go for a CRT monitor if you prefer performance over looks. You will get a much better monitor at half the price and you can use the money saved on other things. Consider my monitor (Acer AF715).

G

gxsaurav

65K doesn't matter he can buy all the best components, the config has to be a balanced one

I would recommend AMD instead, cos U can easily buy an Athlon64 3800+ X2 in that budget, which will give much better performance then Intel 930/940 CPU & run a lot cooler

I would recommend

Athlon64 3800+ X2
Asus A8N-E, normal, SLI is not important, I find it just wastage of Power & money, one graphics card is enough, trust me
2X1 GB DDR400 RAM, run in dual channel & U won't need to upgrade anything in this PC for the next 3 years
XFX 7600GT PCI-E with 256 MB RAM
Harddisk size depends on your requirement, but Samsung & Hitachi are recommended
If possible, get an LCD monitor, it should fit, Samsung 713N should be good, else Samsung Syncmaster 793MB CRT
Keyboard, mouse & speakers according to your choice
At least a 400+W SMPS, look for WIP or Powersafe or, Colorsit
Sony DRU-820A DVD writer, skip it if Combo drive is enough for u

Last edited by a moderator:

ashfame

Padawan
aryayush said:
No, that's outdated.

Go for a CRT monitor if you prefer performance over looks. You will get a much better monitor at half the price and you can use the money saved on other things. Consider my monitor (Acer AF715).

ya u can go for his monitor (awarded by digit), it supports 1600*1200 resolution & if u r a heavy gamer consider SLI.
TRUE POWER & PERFORMANCE = SLI

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
i think u should go for a SLI based PC. (7600gt SLI)~(15k)
it will even perform better than 7900gt which costs around 21k.

RU Dreaming ????? a single 7600GT should cost around 14k's ... how would u SLi them around 15k's ??? And where did u see that the 7900GT is 21k's ??

ashfame

Padawan
deathvirus_me said:
RU Dreaming ????? a single 7600GT should cost around 14k's ... how would u SLi them around 15k's ??? And where did u see that the 7900GT is 21k's ??

visit this:
for 7600gt @ 170$
*stores.tomshardware.com/search_att...=7600gt&Search=Search&page_id=5&lo_p=0&hi_p=0
7900gt costs around 13.5k
7900gtx (512MB) costs around 21k
i can get the lowest prices of the site here in delhi.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
ashfame said:
visit this:
for 7600gt @ 170$
*stores.tomshardware.com/search_attrib.php?topcat_id=&form_keyword=7600gt&Search=Search&page_id=5&lo_p=0&hi_p=0
7900gt costs around 13.5k
7900gtx (512MB) costs around 21k
i can get the lowest prices of the site here in delhi.

Whoa...parcel me a 7900gt SLI (512 MB) :cool:
Hey man...its not less than $500...and in India, not less than 35k

G

gxsaurav

those prices are in $ not in Rs., besides with all the taxes etc, it becomes a lot ocstly then actual price

SLI is no go, & not required at all,

consider the one i gave, see if u need anything beyond that, cos u can also over clock the CPU to 2.4 GHz on air

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
chandler people here are misleading you, they themselves know nothing.
I suggest that you post this thread in techenclave.com/forums.

Also, what bad experience have you had with intel,
go with amd for gaming period

Assuming that you want to go with gaing.
I suggest that you don't spend more than 10-15k on the cpu+mb combined go with amd 3000/3200 or opteron 144 class cpus with maybe amd Asus A8N E

Ram 1gb X 2 , no corsair supported on this mobo for Value Select, XMS is beyong your budget, normal transcend arnd 8.5k for 2gb(1gb X 2)

Graphic card, Geforce 7900GT period, about 20k
this budget is very veryu little for sli

sli makes sense only if you can afford to go in for 7900GTX not even 7900GT, do you understand?

ask me all your queries as I can help you better than maybe all of them here combined

that budget shd be ok for 160-25ogb hd
consider sound card

you can't afford anything greater than amd 3500 class cpu in that budget, i advise not to go for a high cpu as 3500 in that budget

for gaming, gpu is the main thing

in FEAR a normal cpu(amd 64bit 3000 or lower) and a FX 57 will differ in fps by less than 5%! with 7800GT or something as testbed

while in oblivion there is about 30-40% probably little more difference

as for psu, are u craxy to buy vip for 5k?

go with antec 450 watts or maximum 500 watts

antec 450 watts should be lke 3.5k or so and 500 watts should be 4-4.5k or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hey u, think u r smart? First, u triple post, then u bash DIGIT FORUM, then u say the members r posting rubbish and finally, u challenge them all. Listen, whatever rubbish u have posted isnt special....all that info has been posted here several times, so stop bragging abt ur tech knowledge.:-?

===No FLAMES===

cyrux

In the zone
Hmmm... a class 10 student getting a 60k-65k PC

I wonder why you need a dual core pc.... ? I suggest u go for single core 3200 +

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
cyrux said:
Hmmm... a class 10 student getting a 60k-65k PC

I wonder why you need a dual core pc.... ? I suggest u go for single core 3200 +

Now that is a lame. If he has the budget for it why wont he go for a dual core pc?

G

gxsaurav

i recomended Dual core, cos that way the PC will be enough for many more years to come, 3 years atleast, he won't need to add or replace anything

A highend GPU when paired with a Low end CPU can bottleneck the system, & games will be CPU limited

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
that budget can't afford a dual core which will come for >15k.

The most important part is the graphic card and you can surely not compromise on it, other things don't matter much and in cases like FEAR barely matter after a limit

Try the following,
Amd 64bit 3000 + Geforce 7900GT
Amd 64bit 3700 + Geforce 7600GT

In majority of the games if not all, the first option will beat the later PERIOD

look at xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu, see for yourself how much games depend upon your cpu
moreover dual core for the time being is slower than the single core
Most games are gpu limited and not cpu limited, even a celeron more or less gives the same result as a FX 57 by differening with about a fps in FEAR in xbitlabs where tested by 7800GT probably

@MysticHalo, I can prove you wrong, if you can negate me, please do.

Last edited:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well see an AMD 3200+/3500+ is enough for ur use,but if u want to go for a dual core processor then u can,go for a 3800+ X2.
But save money on ur processor and go for a LCD monitor.

Go for a 7800 GTX/7900 GTX. U can play most of the games at 1280X1024 ,(that what most of the 17" monitors will support,but there are exceptions....)

Mobo go for AUSU A8N-E (Its the best u can get in 6.5 K)
HDD go for 160/250 Gig SATA from Seagate
GO for a sony DvD burner..
A 450 watt SMPS ( From a good company)
And Samsung 17" LCD monitor ,,,,for around 14-16K.....
I think u should go for 1/2 Gig of ram.Try Corsair if not then go for a transcend or somethin..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom