I fried my hard disk... Wanna Taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
On a sunny day, I took my 8 months old HDD (80 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7) w/me to a frend to give him some movies from ma disk. (This is my weekly activity.... :wink: ) After connecting it, we booted the damn system. Everything was fine for 5 minutes, after that, we smelled something burning. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two pins of my HDD's I.C. were shorted bkz of the cabinate's metal body.

Now whenever I try to connect it, again it starts to burn and exerts smoke. Only one I.C. is burnt that has 'SMOOTH' as its name on it.
Where can I get that damn I.C.? Or the entire logic card of Seagate 80GB? I can't get support frm ma dealer, bkz he said, Guarranty is void as HDD is burnt. As I live in Nasik, no 1 repairs this much new HDDs here. Can any 1 hlp me :?: :?: :?:

siddharth

Right off the assembly line
theKonqueror said:
On a sunny day, I took my 8 months old HDD (80 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7) w/me to a frend to give him some movies from ma disk. (This is my weekly activity.... :wink: ) After connecting it, we booted the damn system. Everything was fine for 5 minutes, after that, we smelled something burning. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two pins of my HDD's I.C. were shorted bkz of the cabinate's metal body.

Now whenever I try to connect it, again it starts to burn and exerts smoke. Only one I.C. is burnt that has 'SMOOTH' as its name on it.
Where can I get that damn I.C.? Or the entire logic card of Seagate 80GB? I can't get support frm ma dealer, bkz he said, Guarranty is void as HDD is burnt. As I live in Nasik, no 1 repairs this much new HDDs here. Can any 1 hlp me :?: :?: :?:

Good. You overfried it. Put ice on it. This is due to noncompatibility. Ask some hardware pro for this one. Try the HDD with the old system :lol:

OP
T

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
siddharth said:
Good. You overfried it. Put ice on it. This is due to noncompatibility. Ask some hardware pro for this one. Try the HDD with the old system :lol:

Compatibility is not an issue here. It was burnt just bkz of short ckt. And abt h/w pros, they told me to wait unill someone else ruins his seagate, so that I can grab his logical card. I m lookin 4 da card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom