1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

I fried my hard disk... Wanna Taste?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by theKonqueror, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theKonqueror

theKonqueror CCIE# 20863

On a sunny day, I took my 8 months old HDD (80 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7) w/me to a frend to give him some movies from ma disk. (This is my weekly activity.... :wink: ) After connecting it, we booted the damn system. Everything was fine for 5 minutes, after that, we smelled something burning. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Two pins of my HDD's I.C. were shorted bkz of the cabinate's metal body.

Now whenever I try to connect it, again it starts to burn and exerts smoke. Only one I.C. is burnt that has 'SMOOTH' as its name on it.
    Where can I get that damn I.C.? Or the entire logic card of Seagate 80GB? I can't get support frm ma dealer, bkz he said, Guarranty is void as HDD is burnt. As I live in Nasik, no 1 repairs this much new HDDs here. Can any 1 hlp me :?: :?: :?:

2. siddharth

siddharth New Member

Good. You overfried it. Put ice on it. This is due to noncompatibility. Ask some hardware pro for this one. Try the HDD with the old system :lol:

3. OP
    OP
    theKonqueror

theKonqueror CCIE# 20863

Compatibility is not an issue here. It was burnt just bkz of short ckt. And abt h/w pros, they told me to wait unill someone else ruins his seagate, so that I can grab his logical card. I m lookin 4 da card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.