i cant install any distro

Status
Not open for further replies.

startrex88

Right off the assembly line
i cant start installing ubuntu 7[fiesty fawn] the gui installation interface doesnt come and i cant start installing linspire 5.0 when i boot with the cd i get only two options [ the live cd option and advanced option] while it is supposed to be three including the install option:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
PLease post your system configuration. You need about 256MB RAM to install ubuntu. Dont know about linspire. Wait for other people's reply.

sam_1710

Youngling
About the linspire 5.0 issue.. u Simply choose the live cd option then.. at the live cd desktop there'll be an 'Install' option... install from there!! :)

OP
S

startrex88

i use a dell inspiron 6400 with 1 gb ram and ati x 1400 graphics card and in the live cd where is the installation option i checked the whole thing please tell me where it is

Pathik

Google Bot
Just boot from the live cd.. after the os is active, on the desktop u ll find an install option...
btw as u hav an ati gpu u r bound to have many gfx errors..

OP
S

startrex88

thank you but i did that many times the install option is missing at the desktop i burned an ISO image of this month's digit

is it only meant to be live ?

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ This is uncommon. Digit must have told what kind of DVD it is giving. Live distros usually have "Live" somewhere in their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom