I cant Get 8.5GB DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
its not abt that
soemtimes there are movie dvds which are on dl dvd's ( infact most come with that )
backin them up can be a pain

OP
C

Chindi_Chor

Journeyman
but last December....Digit Provided..Us..8.5 Gb dvd..

i wanna Knw...frm where they got...

desperately waitin..for reply........

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Chindi_Chor said:
but last December....Digit Provided..Us..8.5 Gb dvd..

i wanna Knw...frm where they got...

desperately waitin..for reply........
But they are not made using writers. They are manufactured in bulk using different technology.

V.Prem Kumar

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Those are replicated in bulk, ie with data.

V.Prem Kumar

ok.. but still there has to be the source for the media... that... 8.5GB DVD... so good question... really where did they get them, as the price has to be under Rs. 66 as the subscribers get digit in that price... so company wont give any thing that will cost them over Rs. 40 /- so they did get the Disk under Rs. 40 /- so where did the get those??

no matter if we need to go for bulk buying...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
Those are replicated in bulk, ie with data.

V.Prem Kumar

ok.. but still there has to be the source for the media... that... 8.5GB DVD... so good question... really where did they get them, as the price has to be under Rs. 66 as the subscribers get digit in that price... so company wont give any thing that will cost them over Rs. 40 /- so they did get the Disk under Rs. 40 /- so where did the get those??

no matter if we need to go for bulk buying...

As I had mentioned earlier, the technology for production of both are entirely different and not compatible with each other. In case of the bulk produced ones, it is something like stamping or pressing to produce the pits, while in case of writable ones, it is the changes made to the dye layer by the laser which matters. I think the following link may give you at least some idea. (I could'nt find a better site)
*www.cddvdking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=1

regards,

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom