I am looking for the best configuration of PC with folowing parts only.

satswid

Broken In
I am looking for the best configuration of PC with folowing parts only.

In short, I only want fully loaded cabinet.

I will use it for medium to high-end multimedia viewing, mildgaming, web access, etc

1. Motherboard (with IDE support
for atleast 2 devices)
2. Processor
3. RAM
4. HDD
5. Graphics card
6. Cabinet.

Budget around 11-15k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ayush_ANI, please cost what the Topic says & what OP asking for. not some meaningless & out of budget configs.

@15k,
Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz @ 3.5k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ ~4k
Kingston 2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz @ 2.5k
WDC Blue 500Gb @ 2k
Zebronics Bijli with bundled PSU @ 1.5k

Total: 13.5k. either save the extra cash or use it to get a FSP Saga II 350W Power Supply that will use less electricity & also keep the PC parts live happily for long.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz
@sam
it is very good config you've made
but AthlonIIX3 425 may have been phased out,435 is available at that price
also biostar mobos are truly great VFM boards but aren't available of late unfortunately
op can go for Gigabyte 74gmt s2 board for 2.6k if biostar not available
other options for ddr3 mobo are too costly for his budget

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. as X4 620, the slowest Athlon II X3 too maybe unavailable in most places. than he can go for the next fastest one.

Biostar boards aren't found in Delhi anymore (Nehru Place). whoever was asked to get Biostar went for Gigabyte/Asus/MSI. well if he not from Delhi, he safe (think so).

OP
S

satswid

Broken In
thnx 4 ur replies and efforts, i am from mumbai.
Can i get a graphics card in the budget or the motherboard is sufficient. I am looking 4 a PC to rely on for a long term. I dwnld a lot so I have to keep it up 4 whole night sometimes

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
that motherboard's IGP will allow you game @1024X768 with mid details. higher resolution will require lowering of the detail level.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
unfortunately it's not possible to fit in a gfx card at that budget. Also, if you buy a gfx card, it will become unsafe to operate without a good SMPS. SO, I suggest you buy what sam suggested and you are good to go for now as the IGP is good enough to let you play games, although with minimum eyecandy.

About the gigabyte board suggested by saurav, this is written on the website
Due to chipset spec limitation, if you install AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s); however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
Now I really don't know how much this is going to affect the performance of the system. Sam can yo please explain if you have some idea about this.

here's the link by the way: GA-MA74GMT-S2 (rev. 1.3) - GIGABYTE

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
actually the 740G chipset was made for the AM2+ processors. not the AM3 processors. so even the Chipset allows HT 2.0. it'll run at that 1.0 speed if you plug in a AM3 processor. to get HT 2.0 speed a AM2+ proccy is needed.

well HT is just a replacement of the FSB by AMD's own standard. and if the processor isn't a fast enough (to reach the data transfer rate of the processor) there won't be any bottleneck.

But do note, 740G is DirectX 9.0c only. & its IGP is HD2100. SLOW.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
for a good igp equipped mobo
the op would have to sacrifice on processor(Athlon II X2 240 @2.7-3k)
since he would be gaming on igp, he shouldn't feel any difference
Biostar DDR3 Motherboards are really hard to come by these days
op would have to go for pricier Gigabyte or MSI ones

@op
i have made an alternate config
Athlon II X2 240 @3k
Biostar A780L@2.6k(this mobo is still available)
Kingston or transcend cheap 2GB DDR2 ram @ 2k
Seagate 500GB @2k
Zebronics Bijli cabby @1k
Fsp Saga II 350w @1.5k
Powercolor HD 4670 512mb@4k
it all comes around 16k:)

i have sacrificed on ddr3 support and a tri core proccy to accomodate you a dedicated gpu and decent psu
this is the bare minimum of everything
take your pick wisely buddy

else if you want DDR3 badly
you can go for the Gigabyte ga ma74gmt s2@2.6k
(don't worry about HT 1.0, the proccy i have suggested wont saturate it anyway, igp wont be used since you've got 4670 in config)
and a ddr3 ram for 2.4k
alternate total comes around 16.5k:)

since you have a small budget of 15k,
i couldn't accomodate better hardware or even a dvd writer for the matter

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
^^^ this is kinda good system if the op is not looking for any type of future proofing. But it might go up to around 16.5k. Change the processor to X2 250 or 260 depending on price and availability. 2.8Ghz (<3.0) dual core doesn't make the cut anymore

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^
actually his budget is preventing me to spend even 200 - 300 extra
i will make necessary changes if op can increase his budget by say 3k? :)
hmm 19k would make a futureproof one i think

OP
S

satswid

Broken In
Thnks again all of u.
I think i would have to modify my budget to get a future proof and robust machine.
As Sourav suggested, I can spend atmost 19k.
Plz tell me what the best one can get in this budget..

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@op
i have made an alternate config for 19k
Athlon II X3 435 @3.5k
Biostar TA 785g3@3.7k
Kingston or Corsair DDR3 2gb@ 2.5k
Seagate 500GB @2k
Zebronics Bijli cabby @1k
Fsp Saga II 350w @1.5k
Sapphire HD5670 512mb@5.3k
now it all comes around 19k

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@satiswid, sourav's config best you can get in 19k (everything perfectly balanced). just you need to be open to buying online.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
shouldn't it be Athlon II X3 435?
and 350W for 5670? Will that be enough? I mean, power consumption wise it is, but some headroom etc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Acer offers branded PC with Phenom II X6, 6Gb ram, 640Gb or something of similar capacity HDD, HD5450 1Gb & all these powered by a Lite On PSU rated at 300W (Lite On PSU are not good at all). so looking at OP's config, it'll have enough headroom. even if that PSU can offer 300W, so we looking at 200W consumption. 100W (150W at best condition & under load) will provide enough headroom for minor upgrades.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
i think if fsp 350w is able to give 320w or 300w, i will say he has enough headroom
even considering 20% caps aging
i know 350w maybe cutting it a little close, but that's the best i could do for his budget
if op goes for FSP 400w, he would have to cut back on proccy(athlon x2 for 3k instead of x3)

Piyush

Lanaya
hey nice rig up there in 19k sourav
no tweaking required :)

@OP
that rig is ultimate in this budget
u better start searching for the parts now

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
well i am still waiting for the op to give his opinion on the config i have made
i hope he will be satisfied with this rig
it is the best i could do in 19k budget
i hope the real world prices don't overshoot by much :)

Top Bottom