i am in trouble, me with N96-may be virus effect-read and suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
dear all,
i have brought a bran new N96 before 3months. very good phone, with a good video playback quality and a more better camera.

well,last week, i have connected my 96 with my office PC. those moment, my gallery, and message box got formatted. i have got shocked.
and after that, every one day after, my gallery is getting formatted.day before a day, i have took photos, whn i was checking those this day, magic, those vanished. ho hooo

i have just restored the factory settings.i am afraid to format hardly, where in my contact, there is my whole number about 800persons.

did any felt this same??? could share few views on this please, or pls advice me some good AV for my N96.

waiting
yours lovingly

mobileman

Tamoghno

Padawan
1. Take a backup of phone with latest nokia pc suite . It will backup everything including contacts , sms and calender etc.

2. Also synchronise your phone with outlook to make a second backup of contacts .

3. Format your card using a card reader . Fat32 and dont do quick format .

4. Format your phone using *,3,green key.

5. Insert the card in your phone and format it in your phone to be extra secure .

6. Restore ONLY contacts , calender and sms with pc suite.(not user files etc.)

If the problem persist change your mem card . AFAIK there is no harmful virus for s60v3 till now , so most probably its not virus.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Also s60v3 DONT NEED antivirus (as of now) . All they will do is slow your phone and kill your battery faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom