I am in a huge hardware mess...plz plz plz help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techani

Journeyman
1.) The problem started around a year back. The hdd was slowing down and was always busy. I thought the hdd was failing. I checked it with Seatools. The tests failed. It was Seagate 160gb. I sent that to the service centre and they replaced it within 2 weeks.

This went on for 3 more times!!

I was mentally very disturbed. I bought a Seagate 320gb as a standby so that if one goes to service centre i can carry on with the other one.

Now after around 4months of usuage with the new 320gb, the same problem has started. This time it is freezing for few seconds and then the clicks/commands were getting executed. I installed the replaced new 160gb to check whether this is a cable problem or not. I changed between the 2 cables and the connectors on the motherboard.
The result is: that the 320gb behaving the same way and the new 160gb is always showing busy(the led keeps glowing). But till now working fine(used for oly one day). In the Seatools test, 320gb failed in Short DST and the rest but the 160gb passed.

Now plz tell me where the problem lies? Is it the motherboard then?

I had an Asus P5B-VM. That m/b developed some snags in between all these dramas. I got a replacement after about a month and a half. It was P5Q-VM. This is around 5 months old.

2.) Due to some recent financial crisis I cant buy a laptop right now. But looking to buy a branded cpu only. Am learning web development and will be working soon. So plz suggest me a branded cpu which will work fine for Dreamweaver, Photoshop and the likes. I will buy it within this coming Tuesday.

I hope u all will seriously feel the trouble that i am facing. I really dont know what to do.
Plz help me

Tron91

In the zone
Get one assembled, it will cost you less. By the way how much RAM did you have in your last PC? You need more RAM to keep memory intensive programs happy. More RAM = Less Hard disk usage.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2.) Due to some recent financial crisis I cant buy a laptop right now. But looking to buy a branded cpu only. Am learning web development and will be working soon. So plz suggest me a branded cpu which will work fine for Dreamweaver, Photoshop and the likes. I will buy it within this coming Tuesday.

I hope u all will seriously feel the trouble that i am facing. I really dont know what to do.
Plz help me

budget for new pc? also what stuffs you need?i think u'll reuse your current monitor.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Get one assembled, it will cost you less. By the way how much RAM did you have in your last PC? You need more RAM to keep memory intensive programs happy. More RAM = Less Hard disk usage.
The problem is my father now wont allow me to get another assembled one after all these. I have 4gb of ram right now and they are fine. I have checked them.

@Sam The budget will be around 20-25k. Yes i will use the monitor keyboard and the mouse from this one. I am only willing to invest in a branded cabinet. It will also act as a standby pc. After I buy that I will try to get this one checked/repaired thoroughly.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
i cant say anything about your problem but assembled pc would suit you the best.... i suggest you going with amd....

Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k
MSI 785G-E53 @ 5.3k
Kingston 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5.4k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.3k
VIP Gold 500W @ 2.2 k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
lg dvd 22x @ 1.1k

total:-23k-24k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The problem is my father now wont allow me to get another assembled one after all these. I have 4gb of ram right now and they are fine. I have checked them.

@Sam The budget will be around 20-25k. Yes i will use the monitor keyboard and the mouse from this one. I am only willing to invest in a branded cabinet. It will also act as a standby pc. After I buy that I will try to get this one checked/repaired thoroughly.

well branded stuff will give u nothing good. wastage of money. maybe Core i3 at most. or Core2Duo. so branded or assembled your decision. theres one problem with branded you can't upgrade it. cause the components are such that you can't upgrade later on. power supply, cabinet, motherboard also.

well rahul already gave u a good overall config. just get a slight cheaper mobo & fix in a graphics card like HD5670 512Mb. or maybe HD5570.

Tron91

In the zone
My CPU is about 18 months old running on a P5GC-MX/GBL motherboard. I use applications like Abbyy FineReader and the Adobe CS4 Master Collection alongwith Avast 5.1 Free Edition. Its running fine and is still fast just like after a fresh install. I installed Adobe CS4 in my second Hard Disk and to use the C2D function I selected the laptop power scheme, which prevents a lot of overheating as well as HD wear. Adobe is kinda nasty and uses a lot of the paging file and won't run when paging is disabled totally. Adobe CS4 MC comes in 5 DVDs and thats a lot of HD space usage after install. Kinda hate Adobe for making such large applications lol. Get two HD in your new CPU. I wished if there was another way to tell Adobe to use a page file in the non-system disk, to prevent lot of HD wear on the system-disk.

Tron91

In the zone
ur disk surface is starting to get damages. you better do a thorough surface scan for bad sectors and start copying important files from your disk to CDs or whatever backup material u got.

OP
T

techani

Journeyman
Plz tell me which smps to buy?.

I have identified that the power supplycables are the culprit. So thinking of buying a smps. Plz tell me which one to buy. Looking for a decent one.
Thank you...

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
please tell us your config as only after seeing it we would be able to suggest you a smps.... but i suggest you getting corsair vx400w @ 2.7k....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom