i am having problem with playing doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i start the game it runs well for 10-15 minutes but then the screen goes black and returns to the desktop

:oops: i have a configuration
512 ram
80 gb hdd
17 inch crt monitor
128 mb xfx geforce card

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Please giv details of the Direct-x version that ur using.Also try updating ur Video Card drivers from the manufacturer's site along with the drivers of ur motherboard.

Please note that since u do not hv a powerful AGP card,so playing DOOM-3 at a resolution of 1024x768 will be really a foolish idea(please dont tak it as a negative remark,bro!) ,so please try playing at screen resolutions of 800x600 or lower with the visual settings set to low or medium like the shadows and other graphic rich lightening effects as it takes up a hellofa SYSTEM RESOURCE.So distribute ur graphics properties wisely..... :wink: as the amount of RAM is almost sifficient for ur game play..(but as ppl say that no matter as much of RAM u feed to ur PC,its hungry for more..... :wink: )....

cheers n e-peace....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Which processor do you use? And which GeForce card do you have? I mean Geforce 4, FX, 6 series, etc. and give us the exact model number. What settings do you run the game at? Do other games give the same problem?

raj14

In Deniel
Well you have a decent configaration, D3 requires extreamly powerful graphic card, you can't possibly think you can runthat game in High Q on a GeForce 4! froms the looks of it, i think your using a GeForce FX 5200, the reason mustbe you running the game in a very high Quality mode, thats why thegame come backs to the desktop, run game on Medium 800x600 resolution with AA and AF turned off. and shadows and bump mapping setted to a very low level, the probshud end, also make sure you Pc isn't overheating, some times when processors get to hot, they start to behave very erratic, make sure if yor CPU is getting enough air, and the PSU your using has enough power(atleast 300W on that config) so go and do it!

ankit_biz

Broken In
hey man there no need to change d graphix settings manually, the game itself sets itself for best performance 8)

abhilash

Broken In
Woow!! I wud like to add i am playing d3 on the following config...

(I know its not a gaming Rig)

Syncmaster 17'' monitor.
Geforce IV Mx 64mb Ram
amd 2400+
512 Mhz Ddr 2 Ram (Hynix)
SB Live 5.1
Labtec arena 530. 4.1
Microsoft Keyboard & Optical iball mouse.

Settings:-
640*480
AA disabled
Shadows off

getting around 40-45 fps....Checked with "Fraps"...
In hell getting 35-40..sometimes 25.

One more thing i uninstalled my Avg7 from the computer....(no antiVirus on my comp untill i finish D3) installed Freeram Xp. Did MsConfig,DskDefrag(really helps)...

The game is still scary with the shadows Off..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom