Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdeepgeek2

Right off the assembly line
WHAT IS HAPPENNING HERE?
I AM DEEPGEEK2,but i have been suddenely locked out of my account WHEN I LOST MY CONNECTIONand "deepgeek2" is still being shown "online".I cannot log into my original account.HELP!!!!!

pmED TECH_YOUR_FUTURE JUST NOW.

OP
I

iamdeepgeek2

Right off the assembly line
Hey i (deepgeek2) is no longer online....
Whoooshh... What was this? How can a user be shown online when he is not?

BTW i am going back to my original id.

Anand_RF

Journeyman
Well, vBulletin shows members active for last 15 minutes by default. After either logging out or 15 minutes of inactivity (admins may have changed this) you are not shown in the who's online list.

deepgeek2

Broken In
I am Back :p

Ok but how can a user be shown *ONLINE* for ten minutes of inactivity even when he is out of his account ? This happens in some cases when the user isn't disconnected from the site(whatever that means). But in those cases after you reopen the site you are directly logged in .....but here... baap re baap

Last edited:

Anand_RF

Journeyman
vB is software, not a human. :p It cannot know if you're surfing or not. And, the 10 minute inactivity time can be changed by the forum admin through admincp. It can be set to 1 min or even 1 hr, so vB does give the admin some control over this(Relax, there's some time before the machines take over).

Also, you do not get logged out of the site until the cookies residing in the temp folders are deleted. So, when you return to surfing after more than 10 mins, you're shown again as online if the cookies reside there.
But what I wonder is why you were not able to log back in at that time.

deepgeek2

Broken In
Anand_RF said:
vB is software, not a human. :p It cannot know if you're surfing or not. And, the 10 minute inactivity time can be changed by the forum admin through admincp. It can be set to 1 min or even 1 hr, so vB does give the admin some control over this(Relax, there's some time before the machines take over).

Also, you do not get logged out of the site until the cookies residing in the temp folders are deleted. So, when you return to surfing after more than 10 mins, you're shown again as online if the cookies reside there.
But what I wonder is why you were not able to log back in at that time.

Arre bhai i didnot return. I just typed www.thinkdigit.com/forum and saw deepgeek2 as online.Mind you at that time i was a guest. I WAS NOT DEEPGEEK2 THEN I couldn't use my account.
if I was to be online...I should have directly logged into my account

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Most of the CMS's have cache enabled, so you can see the cached paged many times. So, what I feel is you must have seen a cached page of the forum.
Also, as I suggested it could be a problem with browser's cache.

deepgeek2

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
Most of the CMS's have cache enabled, so you can see the cached paged many times. So, what I feel is you must have seen a cached page of the forum.
Also, as I suggested it could be a problem with browser's cache.

Well if you are logged in you won't see the login text boxes and the register button, would you?

So how can a there be a page showing me as online but still showing the login boxes???? If such a page doesnot exist than how it be cached????

BTW, i will try to replicate the situatoin of last night and see if that thing happens again or not. If it does i will inform you.

POSTING THE SCREENSHOT.....(soon)

*img244.imageshack.us/img244/9440/baapjo7.th.jpg
(Mind you, "deepgeek2" and "iamdeepgeek2" are both my ids and i have only one PC)

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you could have scrolled the page a bit lower we'd have know if the problem was with server cache or no. Your clock shows 2:55. At the bottom of the forum, current time of the user's time zone is shown, if you have entered your region correctly. This would have been more conclusive.

deepgeek2

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
If you could have scrolled the page a bit lower we'd have know if the problem was with server cache or no. Your clock shows 2:55. At the bottom of the forum, current time of the user's time zone is shown, if you have entered your region correctly. This would have been more conclusive.

Here it is....
[img=*img165.imageshack.us/img165/820/yesud4.th.jpg]

BTW i hv used ie7 in vista this time .So, browser issues can be ruled out.
BTW i think i am getting it .
In some minutes i will confirm my findings and post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom