Huawei Ascend Y300 discussion thread

_prabhat

Journeyman
Re: ** ~10k mobile advice thread **

2.Memory hog.
I guess we are hardly getting 340-350mb of usable ram. After 15-20 min of handling the phone [normal phone function & not a single game]the free ram gets as low as 55mb :( but never felt any lagging.
This is why I need 1 GB RAM minimum. This is the only reason I changed my mind and decided to wait for G526.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Enjoy the new discussion thread for Y300 ;)

1.Volume of Loud speaker is very low even in indoors. :( There will be problem in hearing an incoming call especially for ladies who put their phone in purses.

G300 had same problem. Visit modaco forum and go through all the G300 threads. Not advisable but anyone brave enough to root his mobile, try this: Possible solution for low volume on ringtones. accessing build.prop most likely will require rooting or if you try to change something rooting is a must.

2.Memory hog.
I guess we are hardly getting 340-350mb of usable ram. After 15-20 min of handling the phone [normal phone function & not a single game]the free ram gets as low as 55mb :( but never felt any lagging.

Android 4.1. 480X800 resolution. (my guess) a number of useless apps. And unless you multitask it won't hang. Android has smart memory management. Use FastReboot to free up ram if you ever feel the mobile has became slow.

There is an update[international site] for Huawei Y300-0100 model which retails in India but when I clicked on online update no updates were found.

can be carrier specific.

but i need a case urgently for the y300 :'(

find any Samsung mobile with dimension really close to Y300 and try that out. AFAIK, original Galaxy S got similar spec. S Duos's cover (easily available) won't fit in Y300.

OP
shuhailnp

shuhailnp

Journeyman

Thank you :)

Some more info about y300 :

>Notification light :
Blue = new facebook alert
Red = charging
Green = charged upto 90% and charging
Green blinking = mail or message .

> Built inRam manager .

*s14.postimg.org/l1sbjn7z5/Screenshot_2013_05_13_17_21_12.png

> vol up button can be used as camera button

aila

Broken In
thanx for this thread

i want to download android apps and stuff and load them onto the microsd card from my laptop rather than downloading dirrectly into my fone. is it possible?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanx for this thread

i want to download android apps and stuff and load them onto the microsd card from my laptop rather than downloading dirrectly into my fone. is it possible?

i always do it that because of the frequency of flashing custom roms. try 1mobile. they are trusted site for android apps.

> Built inRam manager

awesome. This is how manufacturers should increase usability.

quagmire

Allllright !
I have used Y300 for some time now and I have felt a significant amount of stutter and lag when Apex launcher or Swipe application is used..
And have also observed screen is not very responsive.. Have to swipe thrice to pull down notification bar..
Camera is good, in well lit conditions though..

OP
shuhailnp

shuhailnp

Journeyman
I have used Y300 for some time now and I have felt a significant amount of stutter and lag when Apex launcher or Swipe application is used..
And have also observed screen is not very responsive.. Have to swipe thrice to pull down notification bar..

Notification pull down is kind of lagging . i use next launcher and the lag has decreased .

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

This is why I need 1 GB RAM minimum. This is the only reason I changed my mind and decided to wait for G526.

Well y300 is for my sis in law.

I'm also waiting for some vfm phone under 15k with 1 gb ram. At present xperia c190x
is in my mind.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

thanks for the thread

Android 4.1. 480X800 resolution. (my guess) a number of useless apps. And unless you multitask it won't hang. Android has smart memory management. Use FastReboot to free up ram if you ever feel the mobile has became slow.

BTW I use clean master. Will check built in ram manager

can be carrier specific.

Its a generic update
Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

@ sam : 180 ?

Strange thing is happening , my mobile is sending sms everyday likely its morning to 9971234637 . why is that ? its the second time its sending . its costing rs 1.20 everyday :-x
Its a problem with all y300 & g510 I guess.
Huawei has released a patch for this issue...
Huawei Smartphone Software, Firmware Upgrades, Latest Google Android OS for Huawei Smart phones

I doubt if it will come here. moreover the specs are unclear.
We surly need some updated version of G600 [with 1gb ram & cortex A9 soc or Krait ]
*www.flipkart.com/huawei-ascend-g600/p/itmdhye4trwsdu6y?pid=MOBDHYCARMYMSMTZ&ref=b599cc4f-09ed-4978-b6ea-b06ddce661d2&srno=m_1_1&otracker=from-search&query=huawei%20g600

OP
shuhailnp

shuhailnp

Journeyman

Huawei Smartphone Software, Firmware Upgrades, Latest Google Android OS for Huawei Smart phones

Thanks a lot :)

Got unlock code today to root . but will root void warranty ?

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

I also faced problem with notification bar while switching on/off W lan & data services. Sometimes registering touch is a prob. I guess they must have addressed this issue in newer update of Emotional U/I Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Thanks a lot :)

Got unlock code today to root . but will root void warranty ?

Rooting will void your warranty......

I guess mobile partner software from the above link will assist in updating.....

I tried but was unable to connect the phone to it. phone could be connected to Wondershare MobileGo for Android but not huawei software. You just give a try it may my WINDOZE 7 issue.

_prabhat

Journeyman

I doubt if it will come here. moreover the specs are unclear.

I read few blogs like this Huawei Ascend G526, Specifications And Price in India | CHATINBOOK.INFO where the estimated price is around 12K. So I hope it will be released in India too. I check Hauwei India site often for new releases. Huawei Android Smartphones in india | Best Smartphone in India | Dual Sim Smartphones : Huawei Smartphone India

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Updated successfully :)

didnt find any changes !!

BTW you used mobile partner na??
please observe if any noticeable improvement like smoothness, touch response.......

I read few blogs like this Huawei Ascend G526, Specifications And Price in India | CHATINBOOK.INFO where the estimated price is around 12K. So I hope it will be released in India too. I check Hauwei India site often for new releases. Huawei Android Smartphones in india | Best Smartphone in India | Dual Sim Smartphones : Huawei Smartphone India

I have been thru almost all links of G526. The CpU specs are unclear, they have mentioned just Dual-core 1.2 GHz but what?? Cortex A9 or Cortex A5?
Even if it comes with their Hisilicon processor expect it to be around 15k or more that too without LTE. After seeing G510's pricing @11k highly impossible for g526 to be priced at 12k.
IMO no new phone will be added to their portfolio till last Q4[november]

aila

Broken In
my fone didnt send the reg sms. any idea how to send it now after a week i first switched on my fone?

No its not a problem with all huawei Y300

Post some gaming reviews
Congrats.. I have gifted a Huawei Y300 to my cousin :D

i installed temple run . its running fine but the battery drained out quick. no other app was running. no lags or whatsoever. buttery smooth. temple run is a pass.

Top Bottom