HTC Touch HD - The Ultimate competitor to "U-Kno-What" and XPeria X1 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
HTC unveiled its newest line of Windows Mobile based Smartphones today and most important one among them is the much-hyped competitor to Apple's "U-Kno-What" and SE's Xperia X1, the HTC Touch HD..... featuring a 3.8" 480x800 res. Touchscreen and a plethora of newly added features like the 5 MP Cam and 3.5 mm Audio Out, this one is destined to become the ultimate god of Win Mo 6.1 based phones and as rightly said, a fitting endout to the Win Mo 6.1 generation before Win Mo 7 comes out. Drool over the specs:

System:
- Processor Qualcomm's MSM 7201A @ 528 MHz (ARM11/ARM9 Dual Core)
- 3.8 inch 65K TFT touchscreen with WVGA 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- 512MB ROM, 327MB available to the user
- 288MB DDR SDRAM
- microSDHC (up to 32GB)
- Built-in accelerometer

Connectivity:
- GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS900, UMTS2100
- CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA
- mini-USB connector
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- Wireless LAN
- FM radio with RDS
- 3.5mm standard audio jack
- GPS receiver Qualcomm gpsOne with A-GPS

Camera:
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera
- No camera flash
- Video recording: 320x240 pixels(QVGA)@30fps
- Secondary VGA video calls camera

Battery
- 1350 mAh capacity

Pics:
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/09/large7.jpg
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/09/large8.jpg

Source

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This things supersedes the Xperia X1 & iPhone. It's not a competitor, it's a dictator soon.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
my friend is about to get omnia from sweeden should he get this instead or wait for xperia.since he has to get it before october end

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
wow 5MP cam and no camera flash :lol: are they mad ?

This was exactly my first reaction when I saw the specs... an otherwise impressive set of specs is tainted..... :( Anyways, I have used a few Win Mo based devices... to be truthful, the camera on all WinMo based phones suck big time..... even my old SE W850i 2 MP Cam without AF took way better pictures than my current AT&T Tilt's 3.2 MP Cam with AF.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
^^ IMO, all WinMo based phones are slow out-of-the-box , BUT, that is precisely why XDA-Devs exist... the first thing to do after buying a WinMo based PDA is to visit XDA-Devs, download and FLASH those tweaked and heavily customized ROMs which the genious ROM Chefs cook and provide for their work for free.....and viola, the phone gets converted into a sleek and fast power-horse.. and the best part of getting a WinMo based phone is you can flash any ROM you like .... I have flashed by Tilt more than 70 times with various cooked ROMs..... and the experience each time with a new ROM is quite different... :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@rock, that certainly is some useful info.

Why don't you post a guide in the guide section on how to speed up winmobile phone. that would help lot of people.

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
^^Actually, I had thought about writing a how-to guide for Windows Mobile based PDAs but there are some problems. First of all, there are very few people here on Digit forum who has a WinMo based PDA/Smartphone, and most of them actually were/are frequent members of XDA-developers forum. It seems that most of the smartphone users here are Symbian-nizers. Secondly, given the various models of WM based phones available, it is a tad difficult to actually write a common how-to flashing guide in one thread as all will have different type of bootloaders.... what I can do is to start a common thread for Windows Mobile PDA/Smartphones where all its past and present users can share their flashing experiences and related guides and tools. :)

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
HTC Touch HD Handled

Source

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2008/09/htc-touch-hd-review-geekinc.jpg

Okay, so this "review" of HTC's beastly new Touch HD isn't much of a review, but it offers up a few important snippets of insight -- and perhaps more importantly for the visual stimulation-starved among us, a plethora of photography. The reviewer notes that the 800 x 480 display is positively gorgeous, the cam is decent (though autofocus is a tad on the slow side), the latest iteration of TouchFLO 3D running here chugs along with virtually no slowdown, and despite the display and the heavy-duty spec sheet, the darned thing is essentially the same size as an iPhone 3G. Oh, and there's also a true 3.5mm headphone jack lurking on here, too, which we dare you to find on that HTC in your pocket right now. Makes it all that much harder to hear that it's launching in the fourth quarter without global HSDPA, doesn't it?

Video of Touch pro HD in action.. freaking AWESOME !!!!!!! :) :)

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=eisadEADpwk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom