[Complaint] HTC Selling Defected HTC One - Purple Tint in Camera

mohityadavx

Youngling
Taken from my FB status. Should neatly sum it up:-

Open letter to HTC

I am owner of HTC One, the existing flagship phone of your company. I don't have much to say here's a timeline of what happened. My cellphone started having giving me problem with camera within few days of purchase. In order to make long story short here is a timeline of what happened:-

15 October 2013 - Submit Cellphone for repair
31 October 2013 - Come to Collect Cellphone, Defect Still There, Give it again for repair
12 November 2013 - Come to Collect Cellphone, Defect Still There, Being Asked to deposit the cellphone for repair again.

Now I do not have the patience to give the cellphone for repair one more time given the fact that I have already submitted it twice and it has been with the service centre for almost a month. Infact I am appalled by the audacity of your employees to even have the courage to ask me to submit the cellphone for one more time. What kind of customer service is this? Therefore all I seek for is a replacement which HTC should have offered me at the very first instant which is being denied to me.

I have done some research online and found that infact HTC is selling defective HTC One in India and worldwide. The problem is so common that you type HTC One and 'pu' and search suggestion would be 'HTC One purple tint' or 'HTC One purple camera'. In fact my roommate's cellphone (HTC One only) is also suffering from the same problem. A survey at Android Central shows 54.12% of HTC One purchasers are suffering from this problem. But HTC is reluctant to take any action all they are doing is harassing customers like me by asking them to submit their cellphone again and again for repair without rectifying the problem. I have already submitted my cellphone twice and it's been a month now I don't know how much more HTC expects me to cooperate.

I request all the readers to like, share, repost this letter till the time HTC changes its attitude towards customers.

Thanking You
Mohit Yadav

Android Central Poll Link
Image Shot by HTC One

Top Bottom