HTC releases two new touch screen phones in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
I fail to understand why HTC is entering into operator tie-ups in India.
For a company which is trying to make inroads in a Nokia dominated market, the strategy should be to reach out to maximum customers.
And of all the operators, this time they have chosen Idea !!!! Strange !!

Well, if they released some days ago, i could have bought the Viva coz just 10-15 days before i bought my p3400i and a new idea connection for me. :| But after looking at the specs of Viva i think its a bit expensive. Its got a slow processor, the Texus Instruments' OMAP 850. But the plus points are Wifi and 128MB RAM, two things that my P3400i doesn't and can't have. As for the TouchFLO 3D, i have it on my P3400i too, thanks to the XDA Forums :D . But what i have is the 3D Cube version. I tried installing Manilla 2D on my phone but it made my phone pathetically slower (was taking 8 mins to boot :eek: ) Since it replaces most of the system files with its own and the RAM works slower than the ROM. Even after that i seriously doubt that the interface of Viva will work well coz with that processor, even if you have all your files in ROM, lags the interface a bit. Although it was usable after fully loading. I wish they have put some extra 3D chip to assist touchflo.

@nikeel: Ya, i agree with you. At this stage they should offer competetive pricing without any nags. There products are no doubt are of good quality. I can say so after spending some good time with my P3400i.

Last edited:
OP
A

aritrap

Mobile Addict
@krazy_about_technology What you are using is not the official version of the Touch Flo3D, someone at the xda forum had ported the files from different phones and made the phones. He may not know exactly what is written into the registry and he may have missed some files. So the port is inefficient.

As for Manilla 2D, its a different software altogether. And moreover its a beta version software and its development news is known only to those who help in developing the software. It requires a lot of RAM and so your P3400i is becoming slow(how can RAM be slower than the ROM? ?).
I think u are forgetting the original Touch which had almost same specs as the Viva except RAM and I have never heard any complaints about the interface being painfully slow or the phone taking a long time to boot.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi all.. :)

I bought this new version of HTC touch this sunday.. for 16K net!

3D touch flo interface really nice... but it can be tuned better..

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^

:):)

Can u plss tell me all ur bookmarks related to HTC,, Win Mobile... and also plss specify the best site for the same.. :)

@krazy_about_technology What you are using is not the official version of the Touch Flo3D, someone at the xda forum had ported the files from different phones and made the phones. He may not know exactly what is written into the registry and he may have missed some files. So the port is inefficient.

As for Manilla 2D, its a different software altogether. And moreover its a beta version software and its development news is known only to those who help in developing the software. It requires a lot of RAM and so your P3400i is becoming slow(how can RAM be slower than the ROM? ?).
I think u are forgetting the original Touch which had almost same specs as the Viva except RAM and I have never heard any complaints about the interface being painfully slow or the phone taking a long time to boot.

Yeh buddy that i know. Slither from XDA forums has ported it, and has also released a configurator for it. The port is built using Flash Lite 2.1 although another version written completly from scratch in C++ is also available. The cube works almost exactly like the original touch flo. The port is certainly inefficient as far as execution speed is concerned, although the C++ one is better and is being actively developed. The cube also uses a software called FTouchflo for starting it by swapping fingers on the Today screen. FTouchflo is free and is now no longer developed. A more advance version is being sold by the company started by its developers.

Manilla 2D mimics the interface of Viva. I know the reason for it being slow. It replaces some key system files on ROM with its versions (installed into storage RAM) which cause the overall system to slow down. It takes about 18 MB of RAM and i would certainly not recommend anyone with a P3400i to install it. It is only usable when it is cooked into the ROM of phone since that way, system reads the file from ROM and no redirection of files takes place. Custom ROMS are not available for P3400i right now but are going to be available very soon. All the current ROMs are for P3400 and if flashed on a P3400i, brick it.

So as per i said, since VIVA has the original "Manilla" interfce in its ROM, it mustve been working faster. But i think the device is underpowered due to the presence of this processor. Something in the range of 400 MHz would have been good. The OMAP 201 MHz cannot play even the videos i record with my Nokia 6233 (which is a 7K phone) @ 640x480 15 FPS MP4. Thats what i was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom