HTC Explorer (Rooted) Freezed at Startup Screen

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi There,

I've this phone and installed 'Super user' files to Root it and then I'd installed 'Link2SD Card' app and followed a procedure 'to make SD card as internal storage'.
Yesterday I had to give this phone to my cousin and then I tried to Reset the phone. It got Factory Reset it , but then it failed to boot properly and freezes at startup or welcome screen. I enter into Secret Menu (Power key+Vol. Down) and chooses Recovery option but it shows some files and then freezes at same screen :(
Please help me by providing any working solution ... Thanks in Advance .

ankush28

Bazinga
Hi There,

I've this phone and installed 'Super user' files to Root it and then I'd installed 'Link2SD Card' app and followed a procedure 'to make SD card as internal storage'.
Yesterday I had to give this phone to my cousin and then I tried to Reset the phone. It got Factory Reset it , but then it failed to boot properly and freezes at startup or welcome screen. I enter into Secret Menu (Power key+Vol. Down) and chooses Recovery option but it shows some files and then freezes at same screen :(

Give some detailed info! I can help as my friend had this phone and he was running 4.3 JB PAC on that phone :p

I think you have to flash stock firmwares and revert that sd card back. Try booting to recovery mode multiple times. He too had same issues...almost 10 bootloops each time while flashing new rom. You are using CWM or TWRP?

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I've just followed a Rooting procedure available online and I do not know the detailed issues. What I know is that I had installed multiple files in phone during Rooting from SD Card in Recovery Mode. Please let me know if u can help with it .

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I've just followed a Rooting procedure available online and I do not know the detailed issues. What I know is that I had installed multiple files in phone during Rooting from SD Card in Recovery Mode. Please let me know if u can help with it .

factory reset + link2sd +root = disaster
flash new rom

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I'm sorry but I don't know that what is ROM or the basics of Rooting . Please provide any point to point solution , if any.
Secondly, I'll try XDA Forum also ... Thx anyways :!:

Last edited:

evilwit

Journeyman
By the way, did you unlock your boot loader?

I've this phone and installed 'Super user' files to Root it.
I guess he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi There,

Choose a custom rom available on xda forum.there are many.
Download the custom rom and gapps and place it in your phone's memory
Reboot into Bootloader (hold volume down + power button).
Highlight Recovery and press power button to select it. Now your phone will boot in recovery mode.
Do a data/factory reset.
Install zip from sd card < then choose zip form SD card < then install rom zip < and then install gapps zip
Fianlly reboot..

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
[MENTION=137025]kalam_gohab[/MENTION]
Of course , I've unlocked the bootloader.
[MENTION=118015]evilwit[/MENTION]
Thanks for the info. I'll visit XDA Forums to get Custom Roms and will follow the procedure after installing them .
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]
How can I flash factory firmwares:?:

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
installing custom rom is useless in this case...:facepalm:

Flash factory firmwares.
And why is it useless?

[MENTION=137025]kalam_gohab[/MENTION]
Of course , I've unlocked the bootloader.
[MENTION=118015]evilwit[/MENTION]
Thanks for the info. I'll visit XDA Forums to get Custom Roms and will follow the procedure after installing them .
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]
How can I flash factory firmwares:?:
Go to xda, you will find everything you need

evilwit

Journeyman
installing custom rom is useless in this case...:facepalm:

Flash factory firmwares.
Stock firmware is also a ROM provided by the manufacturer of the phone.and stock rom or "stock firmware" or custom rom is flashed in the same way and should logically work in the same way.get your facts right before posting.

ankush28

Bazinga
General misconception... Most so called ROMs are just layer of apps/framework/media over stock framework. In this case OP messed up with internal memory and what you call ROM has nothing to do with it. ROM may or may not contain Kernel... again important part here. As Op has probably partitioned SD card to use it as intermal memory. This changes are stored in /system/etc/

- - - Updated - - -

/system/etc/void.fstab is the name of file which stores data of memory partition. ( On older phones like pico, newer phones jb+ have this as integral module of kernel.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom