HP Scanjet ROARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive bought a new HP Scanjet 2400 scanner.
It makes strange noise if I do someother task while scanning(like browsing or music)
But if I closs everything nd run only the scanning everything,s cool.
Whats the reason????

Ive p4 1.7,512mb,etc

Should I get it repaired....But I think the scanner is ok as it works cool if I run it alone!!!

Please help me out someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
u mean like typewriter noise ??? had prob with acers scanner , got it fixed . try keeping scanning jobs seperate and not running any other resource intensive apps running . else if ur scanner is USB one , and u have lots of usb ports , try diabling a few in bios or device manager and see if it helps . else
if its still under warranty , get it checked by authorised service center .

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive only two USB ports!!!!!,nd Ive connected only one USB device(the HP scanner)
Even if I click the start menu the scanner starts making noise..
I dont run any resource hungry apps during scanning,only light apps like browsing the net!!!!!!!!!
I think that the USB port in my PC is a USB 1.0...Is that the reason???
Please help me out, as Ive to scan a whole book as soon as possible nd dont like to waste time during scanning!!!!!
Anyway thanks for Ur help

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Oh yes its only 2 days Ive bought it, nd is still under warranty!!
Should I get it to there for repair??
But I think its not the scanner thats wrong,as it works cool when run alone.

Can I assign greater priority to certain USB port???

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey aravind_n20 does your new HP Scanjet 2400 scanner just roars or does it bites also ???

HAHA just kidding !!!

vshah

Broken In
is it possible to post a sound clip? it could be a normal noise. does the actual speed of scanning slow down if you're doing other tasks? or does the scan speed stay the same, just with the added noise?

-Vivan

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It only happens while scanning at high res ie more than 600 dpi nd if the image size would go beyond 20 MB.
The scaning speed is also affected especially when some games or other hungry apps are launched.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Wel, I know my HP AIO makes a weird noise while returning on the scan, especially at high resolutions. But I've heard that exact same ratchety sound on every scanner I've seen. So maybe its normal, or maybe the scanner does not have a transportation lock and the servos have been misaligned in transit. If that's the case, then you would need to get it replaced/serviced by HP. It would be great if you could use sndrec32.exe to record the sound and post a link to it, so we can determine if there's a problem and how best it can be fixed.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey dude same here, My scanner to makes a lot of noise when scanning at high Res.
I think it is normal !!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom