HP readying AMD quad-core "Barcelona" servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) has committed to AMD quad-core Opteron "Barcelona" processors in Proliant DL585 servers, according to company documents. This comes as AMD is preparing to send samples of its "B3" quad-core Opteron processor to customers. The B3 stepping (or version) fixes, in silicon, a rarely- occurring glitch in the Barcelona chip, referred to as the TLB bug. The bug has delayed shipment of quad-core chips to top-tier U.S. server vendors, giving Intel a leg-up in the high-end server market.

Read more.....

I

ImAClown

Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) has committed to AMD quad-core Opteron "Barcelona" processors in Proliant DL585 servers, according to company documents. This comes as AMD is preparing to send samples of its "B3" quad-core Opteron processor to customers. The B3 stepping (or version) fixes, in silicon, a rarely- occurring glitch in the Barcelona chip, referred to as the TLB bug. The bug has delayed shipment of quad-core chips to top-tier U.S. server vendors, giving Intel a leg-up in the high-end server market.

Read more.....

First time I'm seeing a company talking about the bugs in their own products... nice... honest company... and pretty popular too... I've heard the name 'AMD' a couple of times I think... GO AMD!!! (and never come back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom