HP Pavilion laptop camera not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasg03

Journeyman
Hy
I hv purchsed HP Pavilion laptop with inbuild webcam... But i hv not found any icon or player or program from whr i hv to run this web cam. it pre loaded windows vista home-premium... there is no program install related to webcam in start menu.. they also don't provide any driver cd. They provide only one recovery cd.
can any body knows how to run this inbuild web camera...?
More ever the light is also not on when i open my laptop.

Vikas

hrushij

Broken In
i think ur camera is working...try on yahoo messenger...and if u want to record from it...try it from virtualdub program...
because i have also the same problem..
yes try in quick-play in ur laptop if there...

ksvprasad

Broken In
You haven't specified what Notebook model it is other than that it is an HP Notebook. All HP notebooks that are shipped with Vista come with QuickPlay installed and this is the software that is used to work with the webcam. If QuickPlay is not detecting the webcam, go to the Device Manager >> right-click on the Webcam listed under Imaging Devices and uninstall it. Once you restart the webcam will be reinstalled and it would be working.

If you dont find QuickPlay on your system, you can install it from the Recovery Manager on your system. Hope this helps!

aminsagar123

Journeyman
HP Pavilion laptops come with Cyberlink YouCam software. Also they leave a dump of all drivers and installed softwares in the c:\swsetup folder. Look in that folder for your webcam software.

and the webcam light only turns on when webcam is in use, so don't worry. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom