Hp Pavilion DV6 1154tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
Ok... few days back one of my friend bought Hp Pavilion DV6 1154tx laptop... So I thought a review might be good .....

So here it goes....

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3878581362_98f315ff1a_m.jpg

It came with Windows Vista... but now it is running Windows 7 Beta without any issues... I think the laptop looks great... The configuration goes like this :

-> Intel C2D 8600 @ 2.4ghz
-> 4GB DDr2 RAM
-> 500gb HDD
-> ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 with 1gb Ram
-> DVD writer ....etc

Other Highlights of the lappy includes : -

-> Webcam
-> Fingerprint Scanner
-> Hp quick launch buttons
-> 5 in 1 Card (Common with all Laptops)
-> Remote Control (As its an entertainment laptop)
-> 4 x Usb 2.0
-> 1 x eSata
-> HDMI
-> Ethernet, Modem, PCMCIA Slot, VGA out...
-> Screen Size is 15.6 inches
-> 1 x Line in jack and 2x line out (2 headphones can be connected)

The laptop has good overall performance, thanks to the 2.4 Ghz c2d and the Ati 4650 it can play most of the new games can be played on it at decent resolution and settings. I played Prototype, Crysis Warhed at resolutions upto 1024 x 768 with all settings high. The gameplay was smooth and still the laptop had enough grunt left to push the resolutions higher. Didn't get enough time to do that.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/3878581630_b835d5b64e_m.jpg
The keyboard is good. it has numpad also. But the arrow keys are too small to be classified as comfortable. The keyboard scores low on feedback front. The touchpad has seperate button to switch it off. But its too smooth and fast for my liking. The inbuilt speakers are good when considering laptops as its made by Altec Lansing.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/3877787561_caf062fd21_m.jpg
The screen in 15.6 inches with max resolution of 1366x768. The screen is not that great at it loses details when viewed from sideways.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/3877787423_9afb7f10a8_m.jpg

It got windows experience index of 5.9 in windows 7..

Pros : -
-> No heating issues
-> Good for gaming

Cons : -
-> keyboard feedback not upto the mark
-> Screen quality
-> Over priced

Overall its a good package but its a bit overpriced at 67000/- as for that amount a better Dell laptop can be purchased.

Some more pics :

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2495/3878581732_80073a7006_m.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3877786735_177698130d_m.jpg

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

na, they dont.. :)
--------

to the OP : nice review, hv been looking to buy tat laptop (for my friend) thanx, this helped.. :)

btw, did u run any softwares on it..?? or any Apps... ?? wat abt net connectivity (via lan cable and wifi)..?? plz do post..

OP
latino_ansari

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
@ashu888ashu888
all the connectivity options are there... lan and wifi.... the ethernet works as they should and haven't checked wifi... What kind of Apps are u talking about...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@ashu888ashu888
all the connectivity options are there... lan and wifi.... the ethernet works as they should and haven't checked wifi... What kind of Apps are u talking about...

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ latino : thanx for the update, regarding "Apps" i was asking if u are into programming so tat were u able to work with java servers on that lappy.. ??

and plz tell me abt the battery time..?? how long does it work on a single charge..?? :)
-------------

OP
latino_ansari

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
@ashu888ashu888 :
the battery backup is around 150-160 minutes running day 2 day applications and i am not that much into programming but i do run Visual Studio and netbeans ide on it... And there is no problem...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

ooh gr8, yup i use netbeans too, and seeing tat it runs smoothly, i might buy this lappy for my bro too .. :) thanx again...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
good review.

but you should've picked one with core2duo. i don't like AMD mobile processors. They are not good in power management and not fast either (when compared to core2duo).

and centrino 2 rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom