HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Watch disassemble video and do it for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you buy HP adapter? COz the same thing happens to me when I plug in my roommate's dell adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

Help me out man. Same problem here. How much did they ask you for changing it?? BTW only the back panel needs to be replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

Help needed

*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/184426-need-help-hp-pavilion-g6-series-users.html

in my case both the upper and lower parts needs to be replaced.. as both of the screw holders were damaged
hp was quoting 4000 for the lower back panel alone.. and i guess they wont charge less than 3k for the upper

i managed to use it for 2 months without closing the lid.. but i had to take the laptop somewhere so closed it once.. and when i opened it up it was scary to look at as the whole power button was coming off powering it on and off automatically at various positions and i thought it might effect the motherboard..

i told that guy to arrange parts ( by an jugad if possible )

he is taking 2500 and going to replace both upper and lower parts.. since this is going out of warranty , i don't want to take any chances at all so it is better to pay 2500 now and at least this laptop will serve me another 2 years ..

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
CPU bottleneck is more pronounced in the low end. Games like Crysis 3, Watch_Dogs tend are susceptible to CPU bottleneck.

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Hello i have a HP Pavilion G6 2010ax....I want a help from all g6 2005, g6 2314 ax users....What is the temperature of your hdd when you put your laptop under full load like gaming and using it.

Mine reaches to 50 degree.

I tested using crystal disk mark..but the hdd which i am using shows operating temperature 0-60 degree is ok.

So please tell me yours temp

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Nothing to worry about.
Velociraptors easily go to 60.

BTW the summer screws up with temperatures very bad.
right now my CPU is at 65 as I'm simply browsing & torrenting whereas in winters for same temperatures are around 24-27 so you see how it goes.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
does hwinfo shows cPU temperature as 95-105 *C for you guys as well ...like this ?

*i57.tinypic.com/21kgi09.jpg

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Repaste using Arctic Silver V.

got cleaning and pasting done recently 5 days ago by service center...
the chassis is cool as well
i think this is a problem with all AMD trinity CPU somebody download and confirm

thanks

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
got cleaning and pasting done recently 5 days ago by service center...
the chassis is cool as well
i think this is a problem with all AMD trinity CPU somebody download and confirm

thanks

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download
The G6 series is notorious for poor heat dissipation... It's also plagued by thermal shutdown issues... Since, this all are due to the poor build of the laptop, the only thing you can do is clean and repaste the laptop regularly... Like every month or so...
Also, the thermal paste layer may have been put too thick!!!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Yes for instance G6-2005AX types. Can't exactly say if the trouble is in dual GFX setup or CPU but very often I feel that i3+7670m is better than A8-4500M+7670M:|

i think its the problem that we can't use 7670m alone.. it always runs in 7670m + 7640g .. crossfire is well known for having problems with stuttering unsupported games .. so theoretically a game could be running at 60 fps but due to micro stuterring it may seem sluggish and slowish..

but it works great and is really useful when the game is optimized

if we can run 7670m alone then i think you won't find any difference between A8 4500m + 7670m and i3 + 7670m

can you run the hwinfo64 and report what is your CPU temperature ? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

The G6 series is notorious for poor heat dissipation... It's also plagued by thermal shutdown issues... Since, this all are due to the poor build of the laptop, the only thing you can do is clean and repaste the laptop regularly... Like every month or so...
Also, the thermal paste layer may have been put too thick!!!

yeah that's the problem with Hp amd laptops but my laptop has been recently serviced and is running very cool as well.. earlier i thought that the Temperature Sensor must be faulty or something for reporting wrong temperature but googling about it i found out 1 reply that stated there is a problem in Hwinfo64 so just wanted to confirm is it the problem with everyone ? then i can ignore the temps reported by hwinfo64 and speccy

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ check temperature using CoreTemp. *www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/php/download.php?id=3

DVJex

In the zone
i think its the problem that we can't use 7670m alone.. it always runs in 7670m + 7640g .. crossfire is well known for having problems with stuttering unsupported games .. so theoretically a game could be running at 60 fps but due to micro stuterring it may seem sluggish and slowish..
but it works great and is really useful when the game is optimized
Check if you can disable it. The drivers i installed initially(12 or 13 something) allowed me to disable crossfire, but the later ones for some reason didnt.

Top Bottom