HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

hellscream666

Broken In
Ok so I got a new motherboard and am facing a weird issue
While playing videos, songs etc, everything is perfectly fine on speakers but while am using headphone I can hear only the background music. Tried with multiple headphones and the same issue.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times, still the same issue persists. Any ideas as to what I can try ? Already tried fiddling with the jack but still no help

Ya, playing Rivals right now, I too was getting very low FPS, and a very high disk activity while playing. So uninstalled the game at first with rage.

But then I realized that my RAM frequency has droped to 1333MHz after recently I upgraded my BIOS from F.14 to F.26. I downloaded the older BIOS and reflashed it. Voila! ... the 1600MHz was restored and the system overall became much smoother. I then thought of giving the game another shot. Got a real improvement this time. Disk activity was very less and although the game was not always 30-40 fps(like for some moment the fps dropped to 10-15) still most of the time it managed to deliver a 28-30 fps.

You can find the frequency in the Task Manager to confirm and try this.

*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/cf0arc-5.png

Have you tried the configure option in the playback devices tab, and check whether you have ticked the surround option. If so can you remove the option and try again.

I have a HP G6 2005AX with win 8.1 Pro .. which BIOS do you have .. F.14 or any Bios above it.

see my CPUID-CPUZ validation banner for configuration

Here's a solution, It should work for you, but you would need to install a linux distro, any one, you can try with ubuntu (don't install it with wubi, but directly)

Once you have installed, you will find the recovery partition being showed up in the grub bootloader from where you can run it and recover.

There is a second solution but might not work.

Download the recovery manager software and install it.
remove the hpcd.sys from the recovery partition and the install folder and fire the recovery manager.
This method is not full proof and may not work

I suggest go with the first method and tell us if the same has been solved.

ankitjain1116

Broken In
Ya, playing Rivals right now, I too was getting very low FPS, and a very high disk activity while playing. So uninstalled the game at first with rage.

But then I realized that my RAM frequency has droped to 1333MHz after recently I upgraded my BIOS from F.14 to F.26. I downloaded the older BIOS and reflashed it. Voila! ... the 1600MHz was restored and the system overall became much smoother. I then thought of giving the game another shot. Got a real improvement this time. Disk activity was very less and although the game was not always 30-40 fps(like for some moment the fps dropped to 10-15) still most of the time it managed to deliver a 28-30 fps.

You can find the frequency in the Task Manager to confirm and try this.

Can i also simply donwgrade the BIOS by downloading it and simply running it??I know upgrade is easy but is downgrade also???

hexacore

Broken In
Have a Samsung NP355V5C-S0V5IN Im having trouble exporting AMD driver from SW update on Window 8.1 and when i try to directly install it I get an error.. Can anyone comment on it? I think generic AMD drivers don't go so well cause switching off integrated GPU is disabled in this model

AFAIK, hp did some memory management tricks in the BIOS after f.14 that they claim for increasing the memory performance, but has really been causing high disk activity and poor performance of apps/games that use more than 1 GB of memory. People with win8/win8.1 are the ones who face these problems, though many don't realize like I didn't until I tried Rivals.

Anyways, just finished the career in Rivals,

Also you can try the new Beta Drivers from AMD, although I didn't find much difference, but some people did found it increasing performance, just don't install the Gaming Evolved app (it gets installed automatically if you go with express installation).

Tells me if that solves your problem.

And ya one more thing, I found that the NFS Rivals' FPS do drop down to 10-15ish at certain places in the game and the pattern is repeatable, no matter how I reach that place and when I reach that place, the FPS is bound to drop briefly like 3-4 secs and once I am out it would resume to 28-30 fps. The problem existed with a friend with Ci5/8670M, but didn't find in on Ci3/GT730.

May be a driver issue.

Seems like an installation problem, have you tried removing all the AMD Components and re-installing them, as WIn 8.1 does something fishy to the AMD drivers, I faced a similar issue when upgraded from Win 8 to Win8.1, everything seemed OK, but my games weren't running as smooth as they should have.

You can follow the guide available in amd driver website to know how to perform a clean install a AMD Driver.

And you cannot disable integrated GPU at any cost because the laptop screen is plugged into this GPU, the discrete one is the one that is used on demand.

Your system sees the integrated GPU as Primary adapter and Discrete one as Linked adapter. Although you can always disable the AMD Dual Graphics and use switchable graphics to switch the apps to dedicated GPU.

anky

Youngling
Re: My review of HP G6-2005AX laptop having AMD A8-4500M Trinity processor..

Seems like the correct driver you are using there, I have been using the 13.9 on my system and its working fine, no heating or fan noises, are you sure that its not working/is the driver properly installed, I would suggest using the amd system monitor application to verify the same, it can tell you if both the GPUs are working properly or not. Then if the problem persists, I would suggest to clean install the drivers.

i am using 13.9 on my g6-2005ax windows 7 and i am not able to find cpu power option in the control menu..pls help..it was there in earlier version(13.4)

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Guys I require ur help I m a owner of HP pavilion G62005ax
but by bro unfortunately installed a Windows 7 ultimate(pirated)
n after some few months got to face problems (may be viruses coz he uses lots of torrent)
but the saddest part is that i didnot make any recovery cd so how can i get back to pre-installed Windows 7 n ya my recovery partition is not deleted yet but i m not able to find HP recovery manager or so
______________Plz help me _____________________

Buddy is the problem solved if yes what steps you followed My friend is in the same condition right now i m following swarupsengupta2007 method installing ubuntu hope all goes fine

aAdirulz

Broken In
get yourself a Windows 7 HomePremium ISO and install it in trial mode. then use the key to get the full version. Not sure if Ultimate can be downgraded to Home Premium.

thanks #Sam n I just need another favour 4m u i just wana Upgrade my HP pavilion G6-2005ax with 4gb memory n wana buy a good 1 so can u just help me the best memory Ram with best buy online r offline as we both r from the same city, one more thing is Transcend StoreJet 25M3 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Disk the best under 5k

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks #Sam n I just need another favour 4m u i just wana Upgrade my HP pavilion G6-2005ax with 4gb memory n wana buy a good 1 so can u just help me the best memory Ram with best buy online r offline as we both r from the same city, one more thing is Transcend StoreJet 25M3 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Disk the best under 5k

Corsair Value DDR3 4GB Laptop RAM (4GB Laptop 1600 MHZ. using any lower speed ram will downclock the other stick.

for HDD, i have a My Passport 500GB. still working fine after numerous bumps. avoid HDD that have some propitiatory connector (seagate, maybe transcend too).

aAdirulz

Broken In
Corsair Value DDR3 4GB Laptop RAM (4GB Laptop 1600 MHZ. using any lower speed ram will downclock the other stick.

for HDD, i have a My Passport 500GB. still working fine after numerous bumps. avoid HDD that have some propitiatory connector (seagate, maybe transcend too).
thanx again #Sam n why the prices of RAm has gone so high?

Top Bottom