HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/2201/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Edit 2: So installed 13.1 and the profile, disabled dual graphics ... tf2 runs at 30 fps now that is a decent improvement but nowhere near the 100 fps that others have posted though. Will test on others and update

time you switch to linux ;) AMD Claims Up to 300% Improvement in Team Fortress 2 with New Driver.

Still i did not get proper answer for my questions :/

1. my lap get heats up within 10 mins even in normal usage i reduced proc speed into 1400mhz and disabled dual gpu. currently i am using hp recommended mode...

2. i fully charged my lap and whenever i turn off it and again turn on it the battery level goes down 84%. . .

what to do?? Anyone pls temme possible solutions :)

call HP and ask them to send some technician to check the laptop. No need to carry it all the way to their service center. You laptop is having multiple issues.

Edit 2: So installed 13.1 and the profile, disabled dual graphics ... tf2 runs at 30 fps now that is a decent improvement but nowhere near the 100 fps that others have posted though. Will test on others and update

time you switch to linux ;) AMD Claims Up to 300% Improvement in Team Fortress 2 with New Driver.

Still i did not get proper answer for my questions :/

1. my lap get heats up within 10 mins even in normal usage i reduced proc speed into 1400mhz and disabled dual gpu. currently i am using hp recommended mode...

2. i fully charged my lap and whenever i turn off it and again turn on it the battery level goes down 84%. . .

what to do?? Anyone pls temme possible solutions :)

call HP and ask them to send some technician to check the laptop. No need to carry it all the way to their service center. You laptop is having multiple issues.

cookieberry

Broken In

hello,
this is my first post in this forum ,
i need some advice choosing between these two laptop
im a BE first year student need one decent budget laptop for gaming and regular use

1)Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN

Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

2)HP Pavilion G6-2313AX

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

The games i would like to play:
1)Battlefield 3
2)Hitman absolution
3)diablo 3
5)Dirt 3
and new 2012 games

please help me suggest the laptop

thank you.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

I don't play much but so far these many games have issues
1. tf2 : 10-12 fps most of the time, have to start in software mode dx 8 to get like 20 fps
2. witcher 2 : it's like watching an old slow motion movie, move and then wait for a few seconds ... move again ... too choppy
3. Planetside 2 : game loads, you enter the map and poof .. thats it .. cant move or shoot or even run around
4. Magicka : runs smooth most of the time but then when there are multiple enemies casting multiple spells.. it hangs for like a few seconds .. happens all too frequently now

:(

Not sure of the context, but witcher 2 ran smoothly in 2005ax. (and i havent even updated anything in past 6months)
and m not an expert, but in my experience, if I had to buy a new lappy, i wouldnt think twice about 2313ax.

Last edited:

cookieberry

Broken In

please help me decide between these tho laptop

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX
HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

and
Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN
Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

need for gaming and regular use

rohanseth8

Broken In

Some people say that the old drivers were really great. aome dude played nfs mw at max with fraps at 25+ fps. TBH i dont even understand how these driver softwares work. :/

tkin

Back to school!!

Not sure of the context, but witcher 2 ran smoothly in 2005ax. (and i havent even updated anything in past 6months)
and m not an expert, but in my experience, if I had to buy a new lappy, i wouldnt think twice about 2313ax.
Even knowing 2313AX has drivers for win 8 only? And current retailing price for such as $199

GAMEHUTTAN

Right off the assembly line

can any one post a decent review for HP G6-2301ax... like its Win8 Experience , battery, Gaming performance, Sound quality, Heating issues..etc.. pls upload screenshots and videos if possible... :-o

tkin

Back to school!!

can any one post a decent review for HP G6-2301ax... like its Win8 Experience , battery, Gaming performance, Sound quality, Heating issues..etc.. pls upload screenshots and videos if possible... :-o
No need to go all furious now, check this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/1...op-having-amd-a8-4500m-trinity-processor.html
And this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/158652-hp-pavilion-g6-2005ax-review-benchmarks.html

Same as 2301AX, and the extra 1GB graphics do NOT help.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

please help me decide between these tho laptop

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX

and
Samsung NP350V5C-S02IN

need for gaming and regular use

Get samsung one

hellscream666

Broken In

Well I tried with the new drivers too but still slow as hell , and I checked back all the stuff I have installed and other than iTunes and a few games, not really dont anything to the machine. So logged a complaint with HP regarding this and the heating issue, technician is due to come tomorrow.. hopefully something will get fixed **fingers crossed**

Well I tried with the new drivers too but still slow as hell , and I checked back all the stuff I have installed and other than iTunes and a few games, not really dont anything to the machine. So logged a complaint with HP regarding this and the heating issue, technician is due to come tomorrow.. hopefully something will get fixed **fingers crossed**

tkin

Back to school!!

Even if you have to buy windows 8 for $199?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Does g6-2005ax support Radeon Pro??

Is there any way to improve CF performance..

tkin

Back to school!!

Answer:
1.Yes
2. Nope, the CF is totally broken, it decreases performance in most games, so in the end you have to mainly use 7670m only.

sidspark

coming through

Which of these is a better deal. . . .
Hp g6 2201ax or g6 2301ax

powerstarprince

In the zone

Anyone is facing speaker sound problem here? The left speaker sounds very low than the right in mine.. and when i increase volume above 50, even for the windows sound when moving the volume control up there's a sort of buzz sound coming from left speaker around power button. Could it be a possible hardware issue?

hellscream666

Broken In

So after numerous trials including doing a recovery and deleting hp 'crapware' , I was unable to gain a significant performance increase with my lappy. So enter HP CC. The issue was that my fan was not working properly and core temperatures were pretty damn high, so new part ordered, will be installed on saturday...and hopefully everything would be just fine then :-D

Yeah it does.

Crossfire works well with some games. More games will be supported as driver updates are rolled out. Check how CF benefitted in dirt 3 and just cause 2

Which of these is a better deal. . . .
Hp g6 2201ax or g6 2301ax
Go for 2201ax. 2 gb is just business strategy

Attachments

• dirt3_crossfire check.jpg
    dirt3_crossfire check.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 92
  • crossfire benefit.jpg
    crossfire benefit.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 75

i am recommending 2313ax over 2049tx to my friend....is it ok....?
i assume ci5>a10...right...? its the only minus...the way i see it...

any reason not to buy 2313ax over 2049tx?....my friend is preferring 2049tx only coz of intel...:duh2:

Top Bottom